0.4

Ximena finally closed her highlighter as she noticed the professor packing up. She sighed as she picked up her things, trying to remain out of the sight of Ambrose who was either ignoring her or was seriously engrossed in the lecture. Her eyes widened as her finger brushed against his, causing sparks to fly. Her cheeks heated up and turned a familiar red and he looked up, finally acknowledging her. Quickly she pulled her hand to her chest and rushed out of the lecture room, missing the similar blush that coated his cheeks and neck.

*

"I don't know Isa" Anastasia turned back to her laptop "I barely have time on my hands, let alone for a club"

She was dressed in a huge sweater and shorts. Her hair was in a sleek, neat bun and she was wearing her glasses which the girls claimed looked good on her.

"What about you Ximena" Isabella turned to Ximena who was reading a book "We have meetings every Friday and Saturday"

"I-I" she turned to Anastasia for help "I'm not s-so busy on Friday. I-I only have o-one class t-then and I ha-have no classes o-on Saturday"

"Perfect" Isabella grinned.

"F-Fine" she gave in "I'll j-join"

Isabella let out a victorious screech.

"B-But only b-because o-of you" she paused "ok"

"At least you love me Xia" Isabella smiled, pulling her into a hug while eyeing Anastasia who just flipped her off.

Ximena laughed at the two.

"That reminds me we have to go out for dinner on Sunday" Isabella casually stated.

"What's the occasion?" Anastasia asked as Ximena returned to her book.

"No occasion. I want to treat you guys" Isabella shrugged as she took out her phone.

"What do you say, Xia?" Anastasia asked Ximena, who looked like she had spaced out.

Isabella who was the closest to her nudged her slightly bringing her attention back to the two.

"I'm s-sorry, w-what?" Her eyebrows creased with worry.

"Are you okay?" Anastasia asked as Isabella moved even closer to her.

"Yes, I'm f-fine. I-I lost focus" her voice went high "Can your-repeat what you s-said?"

"Isa is taking us out to dinner on Sunday evening. Is that fine with you?" Anastasia repeated.

"Oh yeah, that's fine. Where?" She inquired, her lips tugged into a frown.

"I haven't decided. Maybe we could decide together. My friend is sending me all the best spots for dinner" Isabella shared, grabbing her phone "I was thinking something a little classy but laid back?"

"That sounds nice" Ximena tried to smile but it didn't reach her ears "I'm going to the lobby. I'll be back in a bit"

"Okay," the girls said in unison and watched as Ximena fled the room as if she was being suffocated.

Something was bothering her.

Ximena tried to breathe as out of nowhere past events flooded into her brain.

"B-Breathe Mena" she slapped her chest softly as she leaned against the wall, her eyes enlarging.

Tears clouded her eyes as numerous voices flooded her brain. Voices she wished she would never hear again.

On your knees now

Her knees buckled and she fell as more voices filled her brain.

Don't do it