Little world.

She wished it was never limited, their time together.
It was crazy how it flew whenever they were together, but went deadly slow when they were apart. It was just as beautiful as dreadful.

And as sleep enveloped her around two in the morning, Nnavy's With you on repeat, she held his hand again.

They childishly played in the rain, their laugh echoing in the empty parking lot. It was their little world that she created for them. Where she could spend however long she wanted with him.

"...I was a weird kid." He once said. And that he was, from the endless stories he told.

But she couldn't care less if he was an alien, or a resident in a country that named its streets after other countries or different dog breeds, she wanted his time nevertheless. He was the closest thing to normal that she ever had.

As the rays of the warm evening sun kissed her soft skin, the morning freezing wind got lost in her mind. What didn't, was his sad smile as he bid his last farewell.

Last.
Because he was moving away.

"I will, see you." He said, but was he trying to convince her or himself?

"It better be soon." Her sadness was muffled by his tight embrace.

He made a pinky promise, under the word that he takes his pinky promises very seriously. Unbeknownst to him, she too, took them as a swear on the cross.

"Promise to contact me should you find yourself around my area. I'll come see you." He said.

But she knew it would not happen. Not by her breaking her promise, but by him having the inability to avail himself for her.

"I promise." She swore, lacing her manicured small finger with his perfectly brown skinned one.

She will contact him, perhaps go there and make it seem like she was indeed just running errands that side. Then call him, with a damn smile and a heart full of hope. Her excitement will soon die, with his next words.

Something along the lines of, "Uhm... I can't right now. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you, promise."

She has heard that one before. And thus her falling smile would not be falling for the first time. Nor would the small rebel lone tear that would escape. Of course, no one else would notice as she hoped, before she wiped it roughly. Forgetting the make up she had on would smear. This time,no one would offer to fix her. She would not let them.

The scars did not go unnoticed, and she felt glad she got to knew him. Despite the small amount of time she did. That accident could've taken him, but it didn't. And he was there, telling her he was moving away.

She counted her blessings. She would rather he was out there continuing his life like she never graced it with her always in the gutter mind. She would rather he blessed someone else with his bright smile.

And for the last time, she looked at him walk away. The sun making his hair known from the small peeks under his backwards worn cap.

"Hm." A phenomenal human being indeed.

Her cigarette burned her lips, finished, before the memory replay could finish.

"Fuck." She muttered, stomping on it with annoyance.

Heading back inside, walking the same way they usually take together, everything felt out of place. She noticed the white petals of a small flower with a blue center. She noticed the loud constant beeping of the machinery.

It was never this loud when he was around.

She once told him, of how loud everything was usually. Except when she was high...or when he was around. But she never mentioned the last one.

Now she wished she did. Just so he could understand the serenity that surrounds them for her.

Sanity.

Or insanity.

The night before, she had a strong sense to remove her hair. Long as it was. Beautiful as it was. And she did.

In her soft dreams, she made him name a colour.

Red, he said. His curious eyes holding questions he would not ask, not in her dreams anyway.

So red it was. She cut her hair into almost nothing, from shoulder length. Then coloured it red.

And he loved it. Not in her head, but in her presence. He loved it.

And unlike the hundred other people, the question why never slipped from his lips. He just glorified the beauty that she was, staring and stealing glances.

He did ask though, "Do you like it?"

"I never regret any decision that I make." She said, and as woeful as it was, it was nothing but the truth.

She cut his "I love your hair" voice along with the actual hair.
She did it to honour his arrival in her life. The way he quickly had an impact on how her day went. And finally his departure from her life. All this, unbeknownst to them both.

Just as fast as he came, he left. And that is with no pun intended.

What she was left with, were the desires of him she relished in.
The conversations that never happened.

_____________________________________