New Excitement~ Joel Smallbone (For King and Country)

Request for Sportslover28

Today was one of those days were it was absolutely beautiful here in Nashville, Tennessee. I myself am just sitting here soaking up the sun with my boyfriend. I know you all maybe thinking "if she lives in Nashville she must be dating a country music singer." I am dating a singer but definitely not a country singer. I am dating Joel Smallbone who is the lead singer of the Christian pop band For King and Country.

Joel and I have known each other since high school. We were just really close friends that never dated one another until our senior year. All of Joel's siblings were so excited for us when we finally got together because they themselves had been secretly wanting it to happen since the first time we met.

While we were sitting outside Joel looked over at me and said "I want to take you out tonight pretty girl." I looked at him and said "Well I certainly won't oblige to that. Where were you wanting to go handsome?" He thought about it for a minute before saying "let's go to Bourbon Steak in downtown Nashville."

After a few hours it was time for us to start getting ready. I decided on wearing a white sundress that had little lace details on it and my tan wedges. Joel decided to wear a white button down shirt and his dark wash jeans with some brown loafers. Once we were both ready to go it was time to head out.

Joel's POV
Anna has no idea but I am planning on proposing to her tonight after dinner. I have been talking to both my family and her family about this plan for weeks now. I got my sister Rebecca to go with me to buy the engagement ring, I wanted to get her opinion and her advice. We ended up picking a ring that has 1 center diamond stone and a rose gold band with smaller stones going around it. Now we are on our way to downtown Nashville to the restaurant Bourbon Steak; I picked this restaurant because it has a beautiful view and rooftop view of the skyline.

Once we got to the restaurant I told Anna to wait for a second so I could come around and open the car door for her. While I got out of the car is shot a quick text to my brother Luke to tell him that we had just got to the restaurant. He sent back a text and said that everyone was already inside and in their spots where she couldn't see anything. I opened the door for Anna and held out my hand for her to hold. She looked absolutely beautiful tonight. I can't wait until later on when I ask her the most important question.

—Time Jump—
After dinner I got Anna to come outside with me to check out the rooftop view of downtown. I told her that the lighting was great right now and that I was wanted to take a picture of her. She stood for a few facing me and then turned around to face the skyline.

While she was facing away from me I got ready

While she was facing away from me I got ready. I then told her to turn around again. She turned around and saw me down on one knee and immediately began to get teary eyed. I then began to speak "Anna, I am so glad that you and I met all those years ago in high school. From day one you have been my best friend. I am so glad that we finally became a couple our senior year. I am so in love with you and want to spend the rest of my life with you so....will you marry me?"

She looked at me and began saying "oh my goodness this is the sweetest thing ever. Of course I will marry you my love." After that I stood up and quickly slid the engagement ring on her left hand ring finger.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this! I am so excited to start this new book about our favorite male celebrities and fictional characters

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this! I am so excited to start this new book about our favorite male celebrities and fictional characters. For King and Country is a great band, so I definitely had fun writing this one!