harsh times

Lizzie's POV
Sometimes the hardest things in life can bring people closer together.
At least, that is what Logan has always said.
Right now though, I'm not too sure...

Fear enraptured me.

The words on the pages of my book flicker through my mind. It's like I'm not even reading.
My mind is so busy with the thoughts of what could be happening to Logan.

He's always been so strong, always the pillar of our building that has remained standing no matter what.
Now, he seems so lifeless, laying on the pile of sacks, his face so pale.
He looks like death.

My breath hitched. Was he alive?

Only the cackled rasp of his breathing reassured me he was still there. Still fighting.
Over the last few days he had started getting sicker and sicker. I don't know how he managed to keep it hidden for so long, but when we had finally managed to get on to the boat and in to this little basement like room filled with all sorts of clutter, he had collapsed onto the heap of empty sacks, not moving once...

Lying there. So lifelessly. It was hard to realise that this was the same man that protected me from my uncle. The same man who had always been so stoic and strong.

It felt so wrong to be sitting here, leaning against a shelf, watching him fight to stay here with me.
What was I to do if this went wrong?

Suddenly, I heard footsteps. Closer and closer they came.

Someone was coming...

Authors note
Hey everyone!
I hope you are all enjoying the summer.
I'm super excited to be able to get some more writing in!
If you want to see anything happen to Logan or Lizzie, let me know and it might just end up in The Story Of Logan Grey.
Don't forget to vote or comment!
Thankyou for reading,
bye for now