⚘᠂ 𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗔 𝗧𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗘

a/n :

big up chase atlantic for the title💪🏻

warning: some serious eating out🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻

ellie grazer
| 𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗔 𝗧𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗘 |
#. 016

𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗘 we hugged each other. It was nice yet didn't fail to break my heart more and more. I still didn't quite know if my confession was the right thing to do. Time would tell if it was the wrong thing to do but right now, I chose to just surround myself in my own misery, a part of me believed I deserved it.

"Do you want me to go?" I spoke through a muffled tone which was soon followed by a sniff against her shirt.

Her reply was silence as I felt her begin to pull away from me. I understood this and began to pull back as well, wiping my face in the process.

"No, it's okay. I'll ask for the room change." She said gently with a smile between her slightly wet cheeks.

I shook my head as I took a quick glance down at my lap. "No, it's my fault. I'll go. You can have the room." I told her as I wiped my nose, harshly, with the back of my hand.

"Would you stop thinking you're in the wrong?" She said to me in a slightly more raised voice and leaned forward to me. "You've done nothing wrong."

I felt the stinging of more tears bubbling up in my eyes but it was now a concern of mine to not let her see me cry anymore. I should've been the one comforting her but she was seemingly comforting me. She was trying to remain compassionate towards me and I appreciated that. I said I would've prepared for anything but I don't know how well I would've taken it if she had started to yell at me.

"I'm going to miss you." I whispered as another tidal wave of reality encumbered my body, again. I couldn't do it anymore. "I'm so sorry." Yet another apology slumped from my mouth as my head fell into my hands. I'd fucked up. I'd fucked up big time.

"El." She sounded so, destroyed. I heard her own heart break through her voice and actually felt it even more when she captured me in another hug, holding me even tighter than before. "Please stop saying you're sorry."

I held her back. I didn't want to let go this time. She had taken this better than me. She had taken this better than I even expected. I was trying to calm myself down. I mean, we were still going to be friends but it still hurt to know that we weren't going to be roommates anymore. I wasn't going to see her everyday anymore. She had become part of my daily routine and I wasn't ready to let that go.

"Listen," she cooed, her voice only giving me a dot of comfort but it was enough for my tears to take a break. "We're going to be fine." She told me as she lightly cupped my face, with a smile. "This doesn't change anything." Her eyes looked deep into mine as if she wanted me to truly understand her words.

I sniffled and nodded between her hands, it was the only thing I could do. If she was telling the truth, then I felt that we would be okay. Being friends was better than not having any contact at all. Sure, it hurt a lot knowing we weren't going to be more than that but it was a lot better than becoming strangers. Becoming strangers was the last thing I ever wanted.

She reassured me with a smile and I felt her hands falter from my face, a breeze of cool air now replaced her grip. We just looked at each other and I couldn't help but admire her. I had to, I was going to miss her terribly. My adoration never went away, I was still so in love with her and I knew I would be for awhile. However, looking at her only made the love bury itself even deeper inside of me. And that, brought a tear to stream down my cheek.