1

When Your Ex-Bestfriend Gets Married?
       Don't Expect to Be Invited to The Wedding.

                                   ♡♡♡♡

If I could choose to do anything, be anyone in the world it wouldn't be the Senior Fashion Editor of Wright Designs. I would be off somewhere, preferably Florence with a glass of wine in my hand and absolutely no responsibilities. I would say what I want, do as I pleased and maybe I'd even fall in love. The possibilities were endless but most importantly If I uprooted my life and ran off to Europe, I wouldn't have to worry about the wedding of the century.

The wedding I wasn't invited to.

"Sugar, I'm sorry. I meant to toss those in the bookshelf before you came over, I just feel terrible." My mother wiped some flour off of her hands onto her apron and sighed.

"These are nice, and what is that? Vanilla? His wife must be quite the perfectionist." The invitations were almost too beautiful to even be opened. They may have well been hand-delivered—actually I wouldn't be surprised if they were knowing Charlotte Lewis.

"Fiancé," my mother muttered under her breath.

"Mom," I warned. She was going to have to get used to the fact that Issac and I would never happen. She was the only one who hadn't.

"He ain't marry the girl yet it's only proper to call her his fiancé."

"Yeah, well she will be soon so you better get used to calling her Mrs. Charlotte Hill."

She stuck out her tongue and gagged, "you know I always thought I would be making wedding invitations like that for you and Issac. It's a real shame."

I swear we'd had this conversation every day since the engagement was announced.

"Things change, you should change with them," I replied tossing the invitations aside.

"Are you ever going to tell me what happened between the two of you? Things change sure but not when two people love each other the way he loved you and you him." She was pointing her spatula at me as she'd always done when she was giving me a warning. Nothing got her worked up more than talking about the son-in-law she wished she had.

"I've told you, nothing happened. Can you just drop it?"

"I don't believe a minute of it," she snapped.

"Leave the poor girl alone Georgia, the man is getting married. Good morning Pumpkin," my dad kissed me on the cheek before grabbing his newspaper off the counter.

"Thank you, daddy, it's what I've been telling her for months."

"Oh hush! I'm just saying the boys been in love with you all these years and all of a sudden he picks up and asks that Lewis girl to marry him? It's strange if you ask me."

When my mom found out about Issac's engagement she said the southern thing to do was to bake a pie and bring it to the Hills. They lived nearly an hour away from us but a lady like her would never break tradition. She may have gained money and a name for herself but she'd never abandon the traditions her mother instilled into her as a girl.

"Well, nobody asked you, dear, it's none of our business who the boy marries. All we have to do is show up and show our support."

My mom dropped his plate in front of him and threw his napkin onto his chest, "well they're not getting nice China from me, that's for damn sure."

Note for the future. If you cross Georgia Wright, you will not be receiving good china as a wedding gift.

"Anyways, I only came by to let you know you don't have to wait for me to drive up this afternoon. I'll leave right after I check on things at work."