Him and Me- Forty Four.

Bliss.

It was pure, absolute bliss.

That was all I could think about, and all I could feel was the steady yet gentle pressure of Colby’s lips on my own, his hands that were cupping my face, and his body that was securely pressed against mine. It was a slow, sweet kiss, and when one of Colby’s hands went from my cheek to the back of my head, pushing underneath a blanket of hair in the most tender of touches, I felt explosions all throughout my body.

I reached up to grip his arm, and he smiled against my lips. We could’ve been standing there in each other’s arms for hours or minutes, but at that moment, I didn’t really care. Time wasn’t important as it faded away.

Colby pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. My heart was racing inside my chest, and my eyes stayed close as the boy I loved ran his thumb over my cheek. I wanted to protest, to tell him to kiss me more, but the kiss rendered my tongue inactive. Yes, I wanted to feel his lips again, but I felt very contended. Our breaths mixed together, both heavy, but we were happy, and a smile graced my lips.

When I opened my eyes, I was met with Colby’s goofy grin. His eyes were hazed in a mixture of satisfaction and happiness, with a hint of craving. A fresh round of blush colored my cheeks, but the sight of his face with that smile made my own one widen. His gaze roamed around my face, as if he was committing to memory every detail, and the love in my heart grew just a little bit more. When his eyes reached my lips, his eyes darkened a little. His thumb moved from my cheek and grazed my lower lip.

“Your lips are so soft,” he whispered, touching his nose to mine. He was suddenly really close again, I could feel the moisture from his mouth on my lips—I could almost taste him in my lips. I had never wanted to kiss anyone so badly. I let out a soft moan then immediately bit my lip, almost in an attempt to control myself.

I barely had time to register what was happening when Colby was kissing me again. This kiss felt different, more frantic, less tender, yet still controlled. His arm wrapped around my waist and I was flushed against him, his hand still cradling my head while I clung on to his shirt, trying not to faint. Thank goodness for Colby’s arm—it was doing a pretty good job at holding me up.

When my lower lip got caught between his lips, I knew that every time I would kiss this boy, I would turn into a pile of mush that would cease to function, and I would be very powerless. And know what? I was fine with that and I didn’t care.

His kisses were so worth it.

Our lips moved in sync, and through his shirt, I could feel his heart beating and relished in the fact that it was beating as fast as mine. From his chest, my hands slid up to his shoulders and I firmly wrapped them around his neck.

He sighed, deepening the kiss as his arm around my waist tightened.

Was it possible to faint from extreme pleasure? It sure felt like I was going to, soon.

Colby slowed the kiss, and he pulled away a few minutes later, placing quick, light kisses along my jaw. I sighed as I ran my fingers through his hair. My heart was racing so fast, and I was having a hard time catching my breath, and it felt incredible.

“I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time,” Colby whispered in my ear. A shiver invaded my body as his warm breath caressed the side of my face and as his other arm circled my waist as well. I smiled, closed my eyes and stood on my tiptoes. My chin rested on Colby’s shoulder, and I pressed my lips on the nook where his neck met his shoulder. His familiar scent attacked my nose.

This was happiness.

“Me too,” I said, my voice muffled.

Colby’s chest rumbled against mine as he chuckled. “Those were the first words you have said.” He ran a hand down the length of my back.