~Strongest~(Atlas & Deus)

Ok, so the second part is like the gala but...not I guess? This is platonic, but believe whatever ya wanna. I'm literally so bored right now so that's why I updated I guess. Also there will be one time skip in this one. Ok I'm done talking now.
___________________________

Deus Pov

'But Fyra!'

My squeaky voice sounded through the halls of the house.

'DON'T BE A SCAREDY CAT DEUS!' She yelled right back at me.

I flinched at the increase of volume in her voice.

'DID YOU NOT SEE THE SCIENTISTS RUNNING THAT DIRECTION!? WE HAVE TO GO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON!' Fyra yelled, running in the same direction Hades, Orion and Nora had gone. The air became thick, as I lost sight of Fyra.

Smoke had made its way into the air. I followed its source quickly.

'FYRA!? NORA!? HADES!? ORION!? VES-ta?...'

I stopped in front of a crying Nora, blocking the way for the rest of the originals from entering the area. The Smoke had been coming from Vesta's room. I spotted Atlas standing in front of the room's entrance, staring at the floor troubled.

'ATLAS!' I screamed at him.

His eyes locked onto mine. He was far but I could spot his tear stained cheek and red eyes. His glare was icy cold, his uniform stained in blood. I froze.

He'd always been the strongest.

I knew that.

But he cared for Vesta.

He'd NEVER kill her.

I shook my head and pushed past Nora. I ran up to him and grabbed him but the shoulders.

'WHAT HAPPENED!?'

I was crying now. But I didn't care.

'...I killed Vesta'

He spoke blankly. I heard his voice cracked lightly.

'You're lying!'

I saw tears, for the very first time, seep down his usually piercing yellow eyes. A smirk appeared on his face.

'T-That's right. I killed her. I froze Nine in the process. I really am a monster huh?'

Tears continued to roll down his cheeks as he burst into pained laughter.

'H-Hey Deus..."

My breathe became uneven as he stood up, wiping the tears off his eyes. He looked at me with a sad smile.

'Don't end up like me please... Don't become a monster, a weapon.'

With that he walked away from me.

I heard Fyra and Otto's shocked voices start to scream at him. But that didn't matter.

He really was the strongest. He took away something we cared about. He really was a monster. I had to beat him. If I did....

He'd never take anyone away from us again.
________________________________
'D-Deus, T-That's s-suicide! Y-You k-know h-how p-powerful h-he i-is-' Fyra shouted at me as I walked through the gates to the gala.

'Just stay out of my way, useless woman.' I growled right back at her.

Tonight was the night. I'd finally prove that I'm the strongest. My hair flew in my face. What was HE like now? Was Nine still with him? Did they still remember?

I froze hearing a voice behind me, it definitely wasn't Fyra's.

'It's cold tonight.'

The voice was matured, but I knew it much too well.

'Atlas-!?'

'You seem surprised to see me. Weren't you going in there to "prove you're the strongest original", or am I imagining things?' Atlas chuckled.

My eyes narrowed, looking at the unconscious Fyra beside him. His ice cold gaze averted to her.

'Don't worry, I just put her to sleep.' He said running his hands through his hair.

'You seem tired.' I spoke blankly.

He looked at me, with a sad smile, taking a few steps forward.

'Why would you care?' He hummed.

'Where's Nine? Or have you abandoned him as well, for your little cure?' I spat at him.

'Once again, why would you care?' Atlas' tone had gotten even more cold than usual and he stood a few inches from me.

I gritted my teeth and quietly brushed the hair out of my face. He walked away from me, in the direction of the building. I flinched as I felt his hand on my shoulder.

'Go home.'

I didn't argue or move. I just watched him silently walk away.

'You always were the strongest, weren't you? There was nothing we could do to catch up. No matter what.'

He froze at my words. I heard him laugh weakly, unable to see his face. The air seemed to get thicker and colder.

'Don't worry, if everything goes according to plan, I'll be out of your way soon enough.'

With that he disappeared from my view. I heard Fyra groan behind me, but I didn't move.

'D-Deus...?' Her voice cracked slightly.

I didn't answer

__________________________

788 words!!!!

Record UwU