The News

Chapter Five

Aisha POV

I heard my brother call after me but it was too late, we walk past the porch where about ten people are playing beer pong loudly. Candy drags me back to where we were dancing and within the next two minutes we had a circle around us with people cheering us on as we busted it down on the floor. We twerked without a care in the world, I had learnt how to do some shuffle moves with my feet a while ago and did a few moves.

Candy knew one of them as well and so together we had danced like it was the last night of our lives. I excused myself after about thirty minutes of what I'd describe as a entire work out.

I found the bathroom after a few minutes of wondering around the house packed with teens. I managed to just miss as someone puked their guys right behind me, as I was jumping out of the way I bumped into a hard body. The smell overwhelmed my senses and I was very aware of the muscle under my hands.

My Love by Route 94 started playing in that moment, one of the songs I loved to dance too.

"Missed me?" His hands were around my waist in an instant. His warm breath fanning over my cheek as I looked into they endless honey color of his eyes, he caged me between the wall and leaned his head down to hover just above mine.

I sighed in content. I liked it here, being in his circle had already rubbed off on me and I would be lying to myself if I said he didn't have an effect on me.

Slowly his face leaned in and started softly sucking on my throat, it started soft then he started to suck harder which made my hand shoot out and grip his shirt in pain.

Once he was satisfied he licked over, the no doubt bruised skin and looked at it. His eyes flicked to mine and he lowered his head again, but to my surprise he goes straight for the cleavage showing above the dress. I gasped as his hot mouth starts to suck down on my breasts. My other hand finds it's way to the base of his neck where I tug at the hairs that meet my fingers. The dark hair was so soft...

He pulled away only briefly to start his attack on my other breast. A few seconds of his tongue swirling over my skin, a moan had escaped my lips before I could stop it and his head shot up hearing the sound. I watched his parted lips open more when he sees his work from a far.

He leans even closer, his lips near my own. Closer, closer until I swear they are touching. I close my eyes and inhale his intoxicating scent, I watch his cheeks shift as a smile breaks across his face.

But all good things must come to an end...

I jump when a sudden alarm starts blaring from all around us, I reach for my phone that rested securely in my bra to see a red flashing screen. Everyone around us checks their phone like I do, the screen flashing red and making strange beeping sounds.

"This is a emergency warning. A sickness has broken across the country. This is not a test. Everyone make your way to a safe area. Do not travel outside. Stay in doors and avoid contact with anyone.... This is a emergency warning-" panic spreads through me as I try to process what I'm hearing.

"What's going on!?" I say feeling panicked as people around me start to rush past us. The guy protectively puts his arms on either side of my head shielding me off while I panicked at the scene. People where starting to scream and everyone was rushing for the exit.

"What's going on? Where are they going? Where is my brother?" I say, looking up at him but I see his face relaxed although his eyes were hard.

"Listen to me, we are going to be fine. Let's find your brother first okay? Don't let go of my hand." I nod at him feeling my eyes water from the rush of emotions. He intertwined our fingers holding mine tightly, I saw worry across his face but he masked it well.

He pulls me back and we quickly make our way through the now panicked crowd. I get shoved a few times but my stranger's hand pulls me along easily, I see him scanning the crowd until he spots something.

"Akkerman!" He yells and a few people stop to look at him in shock. His voice was loud and had silenced a few people but I had also noticed my brothers mop of brown curls. But it disappears as soon as it had appeared. He cusses as we lost track of him completely, my panic doubling.

"Shit- okay come this way Let's just get somewhere safe." He leads me out the sitting room we where in, following the crowd out the door and into the night.

Cars pull out of the driveway quickly and I question just how bad the situation was. It was so sudden I couldn't help but shake in fear. A sickness? How fast was it spreading? How bad was- a scream echoed through the house stopping everyone in their steps. Another scream followed then another and everyone that had been heading to the door turned around and charged towards my stranger and I.

To my horror the secure grip of his hand in mine was yanked away as a rather large jock breaks through our way. I was pushed back falling to the floor in a painful manner. I hissed in pain when a foot came crashing down on my palm that had been supporting me on the ground.

"Aisha!" I recognize Mikes voice and then his face appears in front of me. His large build helping him to shove at the crowd and help me up.

"What's going on Mike!?" I scream but he pulls me across the house and out the back door to the pool. My brother, Maria, Candy, Oliver all snap their eyes to me.

"Aisha! Are you okay? Okay everyone let's get out of here. Chase you take candy and Oliver. I'll take Maria, Aisha and Mike." My brother says coming up besides me and taking my hand from Mike.

We all spring into action, all of us heading through the garden and around the house to the parking lot. For a second I could have sworn I saw blood sprayed across some grass but I should my head. I was probably being paranoid.

While we hop in the car we all turn suddenly to see a girl covered in blood and screaming at the sky. Her horrifyingly white dress stained with red. Long red marks across her arms. All in one heap she falls to the floor.

"What the fuck was that bro-" "we should help her!" "Step on the gas!" Different screams come from within the car. I was sandwiched between Maria and the window, but I was focused on the mess of black hair coming round the corner of the house. His head in the direction of the girl lying face first in the grass.

After a few seconds the engine of the car I sat in came to life and I watch as his head tilted to look directly at me. I watch one foot step forwards towards the car but soon we where pulling out of the driveway. Away from my stranger. Away from the girl covered in blood.