𝟎𝟒 | 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬

»»————- CHAPTER 04 ————-««

SUMMER OF 1986

»»————-———————-————-««

       "HERE." EDDIE SAYS AS HE OFFERS VIV A WAD OF tissues for her bleeding nose. The boys had stopped panicking and Viv now sat on Bill's bed while the four stood in a semi-circle around her. 

      "Sorry. We never woulda yelled like that if we knew you had superpowers." Richie says and Stan swiftly elbowed him in the ribs. 

      "Do you have any tact?" Stan asked, his face like a stone, like it was 99% of the time. 

       Superpowers? Tact? Woulda? Twelve stared at the boys bewildered. They used such strange words, the boy with the glasses was the hardest for her to understand. 

       Bill ignored his friends as he looked at Twelve calmly. "V-Vi-Viv, that thing y-y-you did to the door, when you g-g-glew purple, how'd you do it?" He asked with a soft tone and Viv looked up at him. 

        She looked from each of the boys to Bill before she lifted her hand and put a finger on her temple. "Mind." She said. 

        "You're telekinetic?" Eddie asked sarcastically but Viv looked up at him and nodded. 

      "Yes." 

        "Wha-" Eddie was interpreted by Richie chucking a baseball he'd found on Bill's desk right at Twelve's head. The h/c-ed girl didn't even flinch as her power activated and her eyes glew lavender in an instant, catching the ball levitating in the air as the baseball glew with the same lavender color her eyes were. 

        "Wooooaaaaahhhhhh" Richie's, and all the other boy's mouths were agape as Viv's nose bled again. 

       "Superpowers." Eddie murmured. "Crazy." He said. Just like that, she had won Richie and Eddie over, Stan however, was unconvinced. 

        "Are you guys for real? There's no way." Stan says shaking his head. "We should tell someone." 

       "Her slamming the door in your face wasn't enough to convince you that's a bad idea?" Richie asked. 

        "What if she's a criminal? A mass murderer?" Stan asks. 

        "She has superpowers!!!" Eddie spits. "Criminal my ass. She probably escaped from a lab." At his words, Twelve pointed at Eddie and nodded. 

        "Correct." 

       "Oh. Puh-leese." Stan groaned. "Why don't you speak for yourself."