𝟏𝟐 | 𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐭. 𝟏

»»————- CHAPTER 12 ————-««
SUMMER OF 1986

»»————- CHAPTER 12 ————-««SUMMER OF 1986

»»————-———————-————-««

     THE NIGHT AFTER THEY FOUND HER, Richie took Viv home. It took an hour of argument but Richie finally managed to get his mom to let her stay over. The Tozier family didn't have a spare bedroom. There was a room for his parents and a room for Richie and that was it. 

      Even so, it was decided that Richie had the most likely chance to convincing his parents to let her stay. Option two: Stan. Other wise Viv would have to live an invisible life in the Kaspbrak home. 

      Richie cleaned his room and set up a spare mattress for Viv, cleaning his floor, with Viv's help, while they caught up on the last few months. 

      "So you and Bill... haven't spoke at all?" Viv asked Richie, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye. Richie turned to look at her. 

     "Nope. I've been avoiding him." Richie explained with a frown as he took off his glasses and cleaned them. 

      "Huh." Viv nodded as she flopped down on the spare mattress behind her, staring up at the blurry ceiling above her. 

      "Have you talked to Bill?" Richie asked, folding some clothes on his nightstand. 

      "No. I've seen him a few times but I haven't spoken to him..." Viv trailed off and frowned. 

      "I'm sorry." Richie apologized and Viv looked over at him in surprise. It was the first time she'd heard him apologize non-ironically. 

      "Sorry?" 

      "I never should have made the fight about you it just...." Richie trailed off and frowned. 

      "It just...?" 

      "It just pisses me off, ya know? I don't know how you can stand it." Richie said, throwing the stack of clothes into his drawers and closing it. 

      "Stand what?" Viv asked, confused. 

      "Being number two to... to Beverly." Richie spat Bev's name and Viv frowned. 

      "I don't know what you mean." She said glancing down at her hands and pretending to study her nails. 

      "You like Bill, don't you?" Richie asked, flopping down beside her. 

      "Of course. He's a good friend." 

       "I don't mean as a friend Viv." Richie let out an airy chuckle. "I mean do you like-like him."