Chapter 14

The sun is searing through the blinds making me groan. My head is pounding. I cover my face with my blanket and slowly recall the events of last night.

I kissed Pierson. We made out. I tried to take off his boxers.

Alcohol and a werewolf mate, not a good mix.

I reach across the bed to discover an emptiness. I uncover my face and realize I am alone in my room.

I sit up and look at my nightstand. There is water and Advil waiting for me. I take them and drink the entire bottle of water. I lay back down and cover myself in my blanet again. I'm not ready to face the light of day.

I hear my front door open and close. Then footsteps approaching my bedroom door. I stay covered by the blanket and out of sight.

I hear the bedroom door open and Pierson enter.

He's going to see that I took the Advil.

I hear him set something down on my nightstand and then he sits back on the bed.

He runs his hand across my stomach and starts moving it back and forth. I sigh. Why does his touch have to soothe me?

"Good morning," he whispers.

"There's nothing good about this morning," I grumble.

He chuckles and pulls the blanket down so it uncovers my face.

I look over at him and squint at the light coming through the window.

"I can think of something good about this morning," he prompts.

"That you aren't hungover?" I joke while sitting up and leaning against the headboard.

"Starbucks," he replies. While gesturing to my nightstand. I look over and see an iced coffee sitting on my nightstand.

"You went to Starbucks?" I laugh while grabbing it off my nightstand and looking at the side of the cup.

"How did you know my order?" I ask while taking a sip.

"You had one the day we met. I took note of what was written on the side of the cup," he replies.

"Thank you," I smile while taking another sip. My heart is about to burst out of chest. How did we think werewolves weren't like us? I'm starting to think they are better than us. I push that thought away really fast because although Pierson is making it easy to play along, I can't get attached to him.

"Are you okay?" Pierson asks.

"I'm sorry that I was kind of drunk last night," I cover.

"You don't have to apologize Kaydence," he shrugs.

"I'm going to shower," I tell him while getting out of bed. I set my drink back on the nightstand and head to my bathroom.

I close the door and lean against it for minute. Why is everything in my life so awkward?

I start the shower and take my time washing my hair and body. I need to get last night off of me. I think back to Noah and pause for a minute. I was so upset last night, but why?

I think back, but it's hard to remember his words. Everything from last night seems kind of blurry.

I turn the shower off and wrap myself in my towel. I look at my pajamas on the floor.

"Perfect," I mutter while kicking them to the side. I forgot to bring any clothes to change into.

I open the bathroom door and walk back into my room.