Chapter 23

The week flew by faster than ever.

Now it's Friday, and Egan is driving me to campus for class and the "switch off."

The atmosphere in truck is sad as we pull into a parking space.

"Hey E?" I ask.

"Yeah?" He replies while pushing the button to cut the engine.

"Will you stay in class with me while Pierson lectures?" I ask.

"Of course," he smiles. He then gets out of the truck and pulls the door the rest of the way open for me.

I take his hand and we walk to the lecture hall.

When Egan is by my side, I feel like nothing bad can ever happen to me. I'm growing accustomed to it. But I promised myself to give Pierson the same opportunity. I have to open up to him like I do with Egan.

We get to our seats and Keelie, Thomas, and Adriana are already there. Adriana's hazel eyes move from my face to my hand in Egan's. She beams at me and waves.

"Hey guys," I greet.

"Hey," they say in unison.

I sit next to Keelie and Egan sits next to me. My hand is still in his, but I have to pull away to take my laptop out of my backpack. As I am setting my laptop down, someone standing at the end of aisle catches my eye, it's Noah.

My breath catches in my throat for a moment. He's still in this class?

He glares at Egan next to me and makes his way toward us.

Egan grabs my hand and runs his thumb up and down the back of it. It calms me a little but I glance around the room nervously, I don't want to draw any more attention to my drama.

"Noah, you're back?" I ask while looking up at him. He's standing one seat away from where Egan sits.

"I talked to Pierson and he let me back in," he nods. His attitude seems cold.

"You're in my seat," he tells Egan.

"You haven't been here in two weeks. Egan sits here now," I reply while taking my hand out of Egan's to hold it to his chest. I don't want Egan involved. I can handle this.

"Right. Egan or Pierson, the werewolf you're fucking that week," he spits at me.

"I can't fuck between werewolves and if you had been in class the last 2 weeks you would know why," I shot back.

I hear Keels lowly giggle at my response. Pierson is making his way up the aisle now.

"You'd better not Kaydence. We've been working so hard for you; you don't even realize. Your farther gone then we thought," he lowly argues.

"Is there a problem?" Pierson demands staring Noah down.

"No, I'm just waiting for my seat to be unoccupied," Noah insists.

"Well, there isn't assigned seating in this class and for someone who hasn't even been here in two weeks you don't even deserve one," I intervene.

Egan puts his arm out preventing me from standing, which I was about to do.

"Kaydence is right. You'll have to find another seat or leave. If you leave you will not be invited back," Pierson warns.

"Of course. This seat appears to be open," Noah nods while sitting down so there is only one seat in between him and Egan. I roll my eyes and take Egan's hand back in mine.

Pierson makes his way to the front of the room and begins his lecture.

I can feel Noah's eyes on me, but I ignore it. I take notes during Pierson's lecture and try to pay attention as much as I can.