III

Only three days have I been sleeping in an awful hotel. I finally got at least one town over. The only problem is they found me. I knew that Hex was savvy with all that stuff, but this quickly? I haven't even had time to look at new towns.

I've had longer practices now since the recital was a week away. I knew after that, I had to quit. I was really going to miss it but I can't run and dance.

I stood like a deer in headlights as the familiar blue eyes stared back at me. They sent Rage. Rage and Rogue.

I was peacefully enjoying the serene environment of a small coffee shop when the rumbling of motorcycles interrupted me. I hoped it was just somebody enjoying a ride but nope, it was them.

They were sitting outside the window watching me. Rage was giving me a look that meant I better get out there or else. Rogue was making sure no one was going near them.

I sighed and headed out there. "I told you I don't want to cause problems. I'm sure you've had enough of those." I said.

"Lets go." Rage said. His arms were folded and he had put on sunglasses. He looked hot.

No, I can't like him, or anything. I can't cause the club drama.

"Tell Emily I'm fine." I said before walking the opposite direction. The hotel was actually behind them, but I didn't want to go that way.

"Get on the bike, Melanie." Rage grumbled out. I knew out of anyone in that club, Rage was not to be messed with. Maybe that's why I refused to get on his bike. I don't want to upset him.

"Bye." I waved as I continued walked.

Their engines revved up again before they pulled up next to me.

"We are all worried for you Mel. Emily already likes you so please just come back with us." Rogue tried to convince me.

How could she already like me? I only stayed for a day. Maybe because I was just a new girl.

"Get on the fucking bike, Mel." Rage growled. His voice was dark. I could tell he was glaring at me from under his glasses. I stopped walking and turned to him. I felt like a rabbit being stared down by a hungry wolf.

"Fine. But I've never been on a bike." I crossed my arms. I tried my best to seem annoyed by this. Really I was relieved they came to find me.

"Just sit close behind me and wrap your arms around my waist, don't let go." Rage instructed.

Reluctantly I made my way towards his bike. It was a beautiful bike. It was a completely black bike that sounded like a beast.

I swung my leg over the seat and tried my best to look graceful. The bike was very tall and I was not.

I was hesitant to wrap my arms around Rage. He was technically still a stranger and not a very stable one at that. I didn't get much of a chance to think about it more as Rage gripped one of my arms and wrapped it around his waist for me. I was shocked before I brought the other one around. I could fell his sculpted abdomen under his t-shirt. I tried not to move my hands too much.

Rogue took off first than Rage. He went slow at first than took off. I rested my head against his back while we rode. He was surprisingly warm, even with his leather cut.

The wind blowing through my ears left a calming sensation through my body. I loved the warm sun and air hitting my face as we rode.

It took us about thirty minutes to get to the clubhouse. Emily was waiting outside with Alpha and Josie when we pulled in. She smiled at Rage, who helped me off the bike, before pulling me into a tight embrace. It was a little awkward with her baby bump, but I accepted it nonetheless.

"I was worried something bad happened when you didn't come back after your dance practice." Emily said.

"I didn't want to cause problems." I confessed.

"We can take care of your dad. It's you we are worried about." Emily smiled. Just as she pulled away I saw an older man join us outside. "Dad! This is Melanie. Melanie, Logan." She introduced me. Oh, so that's her dad.

"Welcome, Melanie." Logan smiled.

"Thank you for letting me stay." I said.

"Just don't hurt my family." Logan said. I understood that.

"Ok let's bring your stuff back inside." Emily attempted to grab my single duffel bag. "I would offer to let you stay at Alpha and I's house but we are obviously preparing for a baby." Emily pouted. "But the club is the safest place right now."

"Give me that." Darius took my bag after watching Emily struggle.

"I really don't need to stay if I take up too much space." I attempted. Emily put her hands on her hips.

"You are a girl in trouble, I can assure you all the women here have been once. They are safe here, wether they want to be a biker bunny or club mama." Emily said. I assumed the club mamas were the maids and the other... yeah.

"Darling, the room is ready." Alpha announced over the chattering. I hadn't noticed that along with Emily's dad, Rage and Rogue, some other members I recognized were out here as well.

"Perfect! Come on!" Emily pulled me from Rage's bike, where he was still casually sitting. She led me into the large clubhouse. We went down the halls of room until we can to the end. I realized only a few rooms were down here. Alpha's was the only one I knew for sure. I think the other two were empty. Emily opened the door to one and revealed a white painted room. A full-size bed was pushed against the wall and a dresser on the other. it was simple but it was perfect.

"It's perfect." I repeated my thoughts.

"I know it isn't much but it's club basic standards. We try to make it seem less like a home." Emily explained.

"No, it's great." I smiled.

"Ok, we'll I'll let you rest. I'll probably be out in the bar area. If not the girls or Josie will be." Emily gave me a small pat on my shoulder before going back down the hall.

I turned to the room I was given and headed inside. I closed the door. I saw my bag on the bed and immediately went to pull my pointe shoes out. Dancing always calmed me.

After I finished tying them I warmed my feet up quickly before doing a few chaine turns.

My feet led me into my dance. My jetés and arabesques needing a little more space so I marked them.

It wasn't long before I felt the weight of the last few days way down my body and my feet became wobbly as I thought about my dad coming back. He said he would. He might hurt Emily, he won't care if she's pregnant.

I sighed and bent down to untie my shoes. Unfortunately I forgot I wasn't in the studio and tied them too tight. "At least Ms. Maisie would be proud." I huffed as I pulled on the knots until the finally came free.

When they finally came undone I wrapped them and put them in their bag. I practically threw myself on the bed and immediately my eyes closed.