XXVII

Melanie

How long has it been I wonder. It felt like days. Getting thrown into truck after truck, finally meeting a solid floor. The first thing I did was make sure Hannah was ok. She assured us all she wasn't hurt and baby was still kicking.

Wherever we were now was dank and dirty. Dust was piled in the corners and I'm pretty sure mold was growing on the ceiling. I haven't seen anyone's face. They all wore Red Skull masks. Which, according to Vanessa, reminded her of Red Skull from Captain America.

I have never seen those movies, entertainment was earned, and very rarely. Most of the movies I was allowed to watch was all ballet or reality tv shows.

Vanessa also reminded us the day we were taken was her birthday. I immediately felt bad for not knowing and Hannah explained she had a surprise party being put together at the club before we got taken. I bet Ghost was mad.

I messed with the ring sitting on my finger. I slid it on and off my finger having nothing better to do. I caught a glimpse of writing on the inside. It say Property of Rage in the inside. I smiled as the possessiveness these boys hold. Not sure about the property thing but I'm already in too deep.

"Hey." Hannah quietly whispered scooting up to me.

"Hi." I whispered back. Hannah was having a tough time here. This place reminded her of her past.

"When I was stuff in the trafficking chain, I was the only one allowed to not take drugs. I was a good girl." Hannah said. I've noticed that venting is her way of getting rid of the thoughts. "That didn't mean I wasn't completely exempt though. Once a month I'd get a dose of a paralysis drug. It was when we were moving. I hated the feeling, but couldn't do anything. I'm scared." She let a silent tear leave her eye as she cradled her stomach

"Just don't let them know." I whispered. Hannah nodded. If they found out she was pregnant, they might try and exterminate it.

"How we doing?" Josie asked as she scooted over.

"I don't like it." I sighed. As much as my father used me for just money, he never threw me in the basement. Just forced me to do my routine over and over again.

"I know the boys are looking for us. I hope Rage doesn't absolutely destroy everything in his path though." Hannah said. I agreed. It scared me already just remembering how angry he got at that prospect, and I was told that wasn't even his full rage.

"I hope Dorian is ok." Emily said. I knew if anything, Alpha won't let anything happen to his son.

"His daddy is pretty protective, he won't let him get hurt." Josie assured her.

I yanked at my hair slightly cringing at the feeling of gross hair. We have showered once this entire week. I'm sure if we waited any longer we'd really start smelling.

Even if they only let one person take a shower, I'd pic Hannah. She'd need it more than any of us.

"Guys! I- what if my m-milk runs out!?" Emily suddenly said. She pressed her hands to her cheeks as she thought about it. That would be bad. She strictly breast fed Dorian, after this though, formula will not be something new.

"It can take weeks for it to completely dry, you might still be ok." Josie tried to assure her. Emily only shrugged. This was not doing any good on our mental states.

All of us were huddled together, the cold cement floors were not helping. My coccyx did not enjoy this at all.

I jumped suddenly when large footsteps could be heard down the hall. They were coming back. Really they didn't do anything, just shoved some bread and water at us. Occasionally they would give us meat, we would immediately give it to Hannah,

The door opened revealing a man with a same Red Skull mask as the others. He had our food for the time. I noticed a sun tattoo peaking out of his sleeve as he pushed the plate towards us. Some bread, three bottles of water, and not good looking steak. It was cooked, but looked like week old leftover meat.

"Eat up." The guy said gruffly before leaving. I scoffed at his retreating back.

Emily scooted the steak towards Hannah. She took small bites tasting it first. "I miss Zane's cooking." Hannah pouted.

"Same girl." Josie nodded.

"Soon I hope." I mumbled.
——

A few more days had already passed. I was getting anxious, what was taking the guys so long. Did they not want to find us? Maybe they just couldn't find us?

I was the only one up. I could tell through the small window at the top of this dank cell, the moon was almost high. It was around midnight. I bet Rage was up. I wish I could talk to him right now. I miss the whole club, but mostly my mate.

I laid down in my spot thinking about Rage. He was really odd, but I loved that. I would go as far as saying I love him. He always tried to make sure I was safe, comfortable. I definitely was not comfortable now. I hated this place.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Dreams of my mate taunted me. I missed him, a lot.