Adrik

Throwing on a random shirt, I stormed out of my room. What the actual fuck?

How did she just disappear? I turned my back for two seconds to start the water for her, and when I got back she was gone. I clenched my hands and jaw. The black ink on my fists started to glow and heat up.

When I get my hands on her...

A shrill voice invaded my thoughts. "Adrik!"

I ignored her.

"Adrik!" Odelia squealed again, trying to get my attention. She started rushing towards me.

"What do you want, I'm busy." I quipped, not stopping or slowing my pace.

"I told you I'd be back again tonight for another round." She laughed nervously, trying to keep up with my large strides. "We didn't get to finish our game last night"

I stopped in my tracks. She lost her balance at my abruptness and I caught her wrist before she fell. Yanking her close enough to hear me, I held it in place. Her red locks framed the surprised look on her face. I found my mate. I no longer desired her wanton efforts. "Whatever you thought we had, it's over."

I dropped her wrist and continued down the hall. Leaving the red-haired harlot in shock.

I reached the steps at the end of the corridor, taking them two at a time until I reached the bottom. Busy maids stopped to turn my way and curtsy once they noticed me. I walked up to one of them who was dusting the entryway statues. "Where did she go?" I demanded.

The girl timidly pointed towards the large doors that lead outside. Wasting no time, I left her side and pushed open the heavy doors. Since the palace was surrounded by black sand she couldn't have gotten far. If anything, she is likely to be on the grounds still.

Where would she have run off to? Wait. The gardens were where she was found.

I headed in that direction. Storming my way through rows of plants and trees until I got to the clearing where the statues were held.

There she was, kneeling in the dirt next to a tree. I smirked. She thought she could just run away? After I'm done punishing her, she isn't going to be able to stand for a week; let alone run away.

I took slow, confident strides in her direction. As I got closer I noticed she wasn't alone. She knelt next to an animal. My eyebrows scrunched in confusion. Did she run out here for a dumb fox?

A branch snapped under my step. She whipped around fast with fear in her eyes. "It's just me." I held my hands up in defense. Do I scare her?

She visibly relaxed when she realized it was me. Who else did she expect it to be? She breathed a sigh of relief and reached her hand out for mine. I placed my hand in hers, half expecting her to want my help up from the ground. Instead, she pulled me down to the ground with her so we were both sitting in the dirt. My jaw ticked as I looked at her. She was trying to hold in a laugh, covering her mouth with a dainty hand.

"I have someone I'd like you to meet," she giggled, gesturing to the fox cub next to her.

Is she for real? She wants me to meet a fox?

"Uh, hey red." I lifted a brow, looking at the creature as it licked its bum.

Raven gasped.

"What? Is that offensive?" I teased.

"That's the perfect name!" She beamed at me. I drank in her beautiful smile. My eyes flickered down to her lips, they looked so inviting. Oh, the things I'm going to do to this girl.

"I've been trying to find the perfect name for him," she continued. "Red seems fitting."

She smiled, turning back to the creature. She leaned over and scooped his little body up in her arms.

"Well now that all three of us are covered in dirt, let's go back inside and wash up." I stood, reaching a hand out to pull her up this time. She took my hand and stood, Red still sitting comfortably in her arms.

I placed a hand on her lower back, guiding her back towards the castle.

She was in for a real treat once I got her back to my room. One she wasn't going to forget anytime soon.