Raven

Adrik pulled me into the shower with him, closing the glass door behind us. Water sprayed down from above, instantly dousing us in its warm mist.

The inside of the shower area was large. Big enough for me to open and stretch my wings if I wanted to. All around us were built-in shelves. Some contained different bottles of colorful liquid.

I could feel Adrik's gaze on me. I shyly looked up at him. His eyes were dark with an emotion I couldn't place. He reached his hand to my face, tucking a strand of dark wet hair behind my ear. I shuddered at his gentle touch.

"You're so beautiful." His eyes swept over my figure.

I blushed at his comment, not expecting it.

He leaned in close and I could practically feel the heat his skin gave off. He was so warm it made the water feel cold. His arms reached behind me, pulling two bottles off the shelf. He set them down on the shelf behind him.

I watched as he tugged the hair tie out of his hair, letting his man bun down. His hair was beautiful; a golden blond color. It was long, reaching past his shoulders and down his back. Almost as long as mine was. I had the urge to reach up and rake my hands through the soft strands.

He wet his hair some more under the stream of water and popped open the cap of one of the bottles. He told me to turn away from him and I obeyed.

After hearing him close the cap and set down the bottle, I felt his large hands gently comb through my hair. The product he had poured out smelled of the woods back home; earthy and comforting. He massaged it into my scalp, making sure to disperse the product thoroughly. My eyes practically rolled back into my head at the soothing treatment. After the last couple of days, I've had, this was more than appreciated.

The corners of my lips turned up into a small smile. Maybe going through hell for the last twenty-four hours wasn't so bad after all. I had found my mate, and he treats me like a goddess. Granted the circumstances under which we were brought together weren't ideal, but nevertheless, I was finally happy. I felt safe with him.

He finished lathering my head and began on his own, applying more liquid from the bottle. I rinsed the soap from my hair. His eyes were closed and I took the time to ogle. His muscles flexed with every movement. My eyes lingered down to his large member below. He was still hard from earlier and my hands longed to touch him.

"That's the second time I've caught you staring at me princess," he smirked, running his hand through his hair as he rinsed it. My guilty eyes blinked up at him innocently. "Keep that up and I'll begin to think you have a crush on me."

My cheeks bloomed pink at his words. Why must he constantly tease me as though my feelings are unexpected? We are mates after all.

He reached back to grab the second bottle, pouring the liquid into his hands once more. After setting it down, he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him. Coating both hands with the soap, he began gingerly rubbing the suds over my skin. It smelled of citrus. He made sure to be extra careful around my injured areas.

His large hands roamed my body. He massaged the fragrance into my neck, shoulders, and arms. As if he was in a trance, his hands began moving towards my breasts.

He palmed them, flicking his thumb over the sensitive buds. My eyelashes fluttered and I shivered lustfully at the sensation. I blushed, embarrassed at my sensitiveness. Just the slightest touch from him made wetness pool between my legs.

His eyes flickered to mine upon seeing my reaction. I could tell he liked it. He liked being in control. His dark eyes said it all. He licked his lips, a small smirk forming on his perfect lips.