revamped part 10

The first thing Tim thought of when he woke up was not where he was, or where his companion was, or even how long it had been- but where his pills were.

"Where are my pills?" He asked quietly, as if someone else was in the room. He searched the area with his eyes after he sat up in the bed he was in. Why was he in some random bed? Why did no one reply to him?

Where was Brian?

"Brian?" He asked. Silence invaded his ears in an empty response. He didn't know where he was. The curtains were brown and drawn, pools of light seeping into the dirty forest green carpet. The shock of being somewhere completely new and his missing friend hadn't hit him yet. He slowly moved out of the bed, the covers falling to the floor as he did so. He had a pair of dirty jeans on. Dirt covered the ends of his jeans as if he'd run in mud recently. His face crinkled in a distasteful manner. His feet hit the floor.

"Brian?" He asked again, sort of stumbling as he got up. He looked through the window, pulling the curtains back. He was on some sort of main road. Cars flew by at high speeds, there were shitty gas stations and old restaurants that looked almost abandoned littering the neighborhood. He walked abruptly towards the brown wooden door he assumed was a bathroom, kicking something with his feet. Startled, he searched the ground for the object. His mask.

He picked it up. Blood cascaded the white plastic. He shivered as he now rushed to the bathroom, turning the glass knob of the sink. Anxiously he scrubbed the dried blood. Inspecting his hands, they were also dirty. Underneath his fingernails were dirt. He needed a nail clipper.. whatever. He tried his best to scrub them. He looked into the mirror. Shit. No wonder he wore a mask. His eye bags were heavy, like he didn't sleep at all. His sideburns were untamed, his hair was longer than he usually kept it. Not a good sign. How long had it been? Where the fuck was Brian?

How'd he have money for a room anyhow?

He searched his pants. He pulled out a wallet. Inside, he had hundreds of dollars. He searched the room. Going through the drawers, he came across a velvet bag. Opening it, there were strings of fine jewelry, gold chains, Polaroids of families together that he didn't recognize. He flipped through them. This one stunned him. He could almost just hear this girl's voice. (H/C) hair, intense (e/c) eyes, of course dimmed by the poor quality of the film. Behind her was a green vine plant hanging from the ceiling, a cold white wall behind her. The camera did not do those eyes justice. He put the rest of the items he found back into the velvet bag, hesitantly he put hers in his wallet.

Wherever the two were, he prayed to a God he didn't believe in that they were safe.

He searched for a phone. He didn't have one anymore. Whatever house he robbed would suffice to help him survive for however long it took to find his partner. After Brian, then they'd look for (Y/N). He wouldn't be able to find her without Brian's help anyway. He wouldn't care about what or where she went if it weren't for that tape. That's what part of him thought, anyways. Deep down he knew it was something more than that. Not a crush, he didn't think. Maybe it was, it had been so long since someone ignited something in his cold chest. Even if it wasn't, she was beautiful. She was a young woman trying to make something for herself, going to college and having a job. It was more than he had for himself. He wanted his daughter to be like her. He scoffed to himself, feeling his head. Was he going insane? He put a hand on his head, a physical reaction to the stupid shit spewing in his uncensored, unmedicated mind. What was this talk about a daughter? He pulled out his wallet again, looking at the picture.

Of course he missed Brian. No matter how he tried to push it to the back of his brain, he missed her, too.

She didn't think very much of him, though. He knew that. How could she not be scared of him after watching that video? He didn't blame her for disliking him. No matter how sweet he was, no matter how gentle, she seemed to stray away from him. It didn't matter to him. That wouldn't change how he acted. He wasn't a bad guy- not to women, at least. Especially a woman who was deserving of respect in his eyes.

As he walked across the street to buy a coffee and some food, his mind thought of only her and Brian. He didn't know how he was going to find him, but he needed to. Whether it was going through the woods, checking the abandoned buildings, he would do anything for him. If he didn't find him, he'd just keep looking. He tried to breathe in and out, and convince himself that he was going to be okay, even if he wasn't there with him. They'd been separated plenty of times before and each time he'd been fine. But this felt different. He didn't know how long it had been.

As he walked into the building, he sat at a table and waited for someone to take his order. A younger man approached him, an apron wrapped around his waist with a pen and book in his hands. "How may I help you today sir?" He asked. Tim gave him the run on his order. "Two things though. One," the waiter waited for his question in anticipation. "Do you have change for one hundred dollars?" The waiter's eyes lit up in surprise. "Uh, maybe! What else?"

"What month is it?" The waiter looked taken back.

"It's August," he replied with an off put look. "Uh.. that'd be all, sir?"

"One more thing.." Tim suggested, interlocking his fingers with the 100$ bill to give to him. "Where the hell are we right now?"

Tim didn't smoke cigarettes after eating food. It made his stomach hurt. The thought of nicotine after eating and drinking coffee didn't do it for him. He leaned against a pole in front of the bus stop. The sun felt good on his skin. He took off his jacket and flung it over his shoulder, looking ahead at the building he was currently living in.

He saw a woman with (H/c) hair walk in, flicking a cigarette on the ground before she opened the motel's doors. He didn't know if it was her, but he followed anyway. He had a feeling it was her. He thought it might've just been him getting ahead of himself, a part of his brain trying to convince him he wasn't totally alone. If it was her, should he even say anything? He was sure he made her uncomfortable. Instead of thinking of the tape, like he should've been worrying about, he was more concerned about her. At the very least, if he could just see her face and confirm it was really her.. Maybe watch her from a distance. It couldn't hurt to know where she was going throughout the day. To see who she met up with, where she ate lunch at, where her mom lives. It wouldn't hurt if he just didn't talk to her and gave her the space she needed. These were the thoughts that rattled Tim's sober brain, that didn't even register as delusional as he thought them. These were the times that he wasn't really Tim. The mask laid dormant in the man's jacket, secured in the front pocket.

He just knew he really missed Brian and for some reason, really, really missed (Y/N). The more he thought about it the worse it got. The longer he couldn't confirm the woman walking into the building to be her the more intense the sensation of irritation. As soon as she walked in he was halfway across the street, right behind her. In the store he picked up a face mask, a blue surgical one. More sense in wearing that, right? She'd spot him almost the second he walked in. He was sure he would be able to see the horror on her face when she saw him. He didn't want her to be scared of him, but for some reason deep down, some twisted dark space inside of him, enjoyed it a lot. It got worse the more he thought about it. He didn't always really feel like this....

He only did when he didn't take pills.

---

hahaha hoodie is fucking MISSING srry guys