CHAPTER 13

FRANKIES, MOTEL AND DINER!

Read the small, rundown building. The grammar to the sign made her cringe; her straight A student kicking in. The two men didn't seem to notice, or really care, really. The "o" in Motel wasn't lit up in the obnoxious green neon lights like the rest of them, annoying her to no extent.
Tim flicked the cigarette out of his hand and stomped on the orange toxins left from it, looking up at the sign. "This was the drop off, right?" Tim asked. Brian nodded, yawning, and walked before the two. They followed him.
When they walked in, a family of seven, (two parents and 5 children) stood, annoyed and tired. The father, an old white man, held onto a suitcase as his wife held three. His eyes were dark blue, obvious bags from the lack of sleep riddled him, leaving him with a stench of booze and complete and utter douchebag. His wife, on the other hand, was a pretty mixed woman with brown, spiralled hair. (Y/N) stared accidently at her doll like features; although she was also riddled with the obvious lack of sleep. A long with the woman holding three bags, she held a three year old mixed boy, and a white toddler who was a girl tugged at her leg.
Tim looked down at (Y/N), and they both gave each other a look. Brian scoffed, thinking the same thing as his female counterpart. "A fucking asshole," he said. "He must have something up his ass."
"Yeah, right." She said. "Poor woman. Poor kids, actually. They probably gotta deal with all of their bullshit." A long with the two younger kids, there was a chubby mixed boy who looked to be about 12, holding a book bag, a 16 year old looking black boy, and finally a white girl who looked about 14.
The girl looked at them; wow. Family was packed, wasn't it? She couldn't blame them, hers was the exact same way.
"H-hello!" The lady, an old white lady who looked to be about 50, stared at them all with a nervous smile. "What can I do for you nice... People?" She asked. The girl smiled a little, and looked to Tim for an answer.
"Hi," he smiled, "we booked our stay here just about a few days ago. Room 14, I'm Sam Flanger and these are the people I'm staying with." (Y/N) awkwardly smiled and waved at them, gripping the straps to her black back pack. Brian smiled, but it was obvious he wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything.
The woman began to type on her computer, smiling and looking through reservations. She glanced up at the teenaged girl and paused. She did a double take, but went back to her computer in confusion. (Y/N)'s heart skipped a beat. Did she notice...? No, she couldn't have, right?
The lady smiled awkwardly and handed them the key.
"W-well, have a nice night," she smiled.
Brian and Tim made eye contact. They noticed her demeanour change when she saw their new companion. She stared at them, knowing this was a bad idea. She knew they would have to take action.
When walking to the elevator, she accidentally slammed into someone. She fell, the person obviously being a lot bigger than her.
"O-ow! Dammit! What where you're-" she looked up to see the guy she noticed earlier, from the stingy couple. He was somewhere around 5'11, dark skinned with grey eyes. He was muscular, and looked a little sad. She couldn't tell if it was his fluffy eyelashes. She felt her face heat up into a blush as she stumbled around. He chuckled and lifted her back pack, and held out a hand.
"O-oh," she said, taking it. He pulled her up. "Thanks," she said, embarrassed.
He smiled at her sweetly. "No problem," he looked like he was about to say something else, but they were cut off.
"Moman!" The white assumed father yelled. He did a double take to her.
"Well, seeya," he said, smiling sadly. She waved, and felt her cheek. God, he was pretty.

"(Y/N)! You done day dreaming over that hot dark skinned honey over there?" Brian teased. She turned around, blushing harder.
"Shut the fuck up, Brian! That's not okay at all!"
Brian wiggled his eyebrows as Tim payed no attention to them. Tim rolled his eyes. "Tch. Let's go. I'm tired and want to sleep." He marched into the elevator as Brian walked behind him. When she was about to go into the old, dingy elevator, she glanced back at the boy, to see that he was glancing at her, too. She smiled, and so did he. They waved awkwardly before she realised the elevator door was shutting, and she ran in.
On the way up, Brian went on about how "(Y/N) liked her men life her coffee, dark and sweet". She rolled her eyes, and scoffed.
"Shut up. I just thought he was cute, alright? Leave me alone about it, damn."
Tim muttered to himself. "What was that Timmy boy?" Brian asked him.
"Shut up, Brian. I've got a fucking headache."
"Pshh," Brian laughed dryly. "You're just mad she was gawking at that one guy over there and not you," he whispered over to him. She stood there confused at the elevator door chimed and then opened.
"What?" She asked. They turned to her simultaneously.
"Oh, I was just talking about how Tim here was-"
"Brian, I'm gonna rip your tongue out from your mouth and play double dutch with it." Brian raised his hand in and defense, then continued to walk down the hallway on his own.
The two looked at each other with alarming eyes and half smiles. "He's cranky, isn't he?" Brian asked. He started to walk down the hallway, following Tim, with her right behind them.
They stopped at door 14, drenched in sweat from the overheating in the hotel, and having to carry their own weight. It wasn't even that long of a walk, either; she felt it was simple because of how damn hot it was. She felt light headed, like she could pass out from the heat. The kind of heat that struck you in the middle of July. It was only October.
She laughed crudely. "Looks like global warming really got it's fair share of punches here," she suggested. Brian laughed.
"Yeah, can you imagine it?" He asked. Tim fumbled with the keys, but finally opened the door to room 14. When he opened the door they were hit with the cold, night wind of October. The one window leading to an alley was open.
Tim cursed. "Well shit. This is great, isn't it," he went over and slammed the window shut.
"Looks like we might have neighbours. Ya never know, they're could be someone right in-" the girl shut him up with a punch to the shoulder.
"Shut up, Brian," she said. She walked over to the window and looked out it for signs of any people.
Tim mumbled and walked over to one of the two beds and moved the blankets, then proceeded to fall into the bed. Brian and (y/N) looked at each other before racing over to the bed. She jumped, trying to make it to the bed, but Brian pushed her away mid air, making her hit the ground. He jumped on, positioning himself in a cocky, douche bag manner that said "ha, beat you, bitch". She groaned, holding the side of her stomach. She pouted as he chuckled, then drew the blankets over himself. The audacity of these men, not even taking their shoes off!
"Fuck you, seriously." She stared at the men who were practically dead on the beds. She sighed, weighing her options, before she heard a familiar voice outside...