𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. narrative

shakira's 19th birthday party was in full effect. almost all of her closest friends, and people she had never even spoken to were at the hype house. it was almost 11 o'clock at night, and the energy was high.

shakira could hear the booming of the bass from upstairs in jack's room, where she had gotten ready. she had yet to make her appearance, as she was banished to the second floor of the house so she wouldn't know what the party looked like.

as shakira studies her outfit in the full length mirror leaning against the wall, there's a knock on the door, and she calls for them to come in.

her boyfriend steps into the room, a warm smile on his face as he takes in his girlfriend.

she looked beautiful.

"you ready?"

shakira nods, grabbing her phone from the bed, walking to stand in front of gavyn. she notices the look on his face, tilting her head at him.

"what? why are you looking at me like that?" she questions.

gavyn let's out an airy laugh, looking down at his shoes with a smile, then back at shakira. he grabs her hips, pulling her into him, and resting his arms around her waist.

out of instinct, shakira wraps her arms around his shoulders to hold onto him.

"you look really gorgeous." he says, his voice low so only they could hear, as if someone was listening in.

shakira searches his eyes, only seeing the sincerity, and genuineness in them.

"thank you, babe." she smiles up at him, getting one right back.

"now let's go, before i miss my own party." she pulls away, but not before pecking his lips. she laces her fingers with his, walking out of the bedroom, and towards the party downstairs.

as they reach the top of the stairs, shakira takes in the scene before her. the hype house was now packed with bodies, most she knew, some she didn't.

the ping pong table was out, red solo cups set up already for the many games of beer pong she planned to play that night. there were pink decorations everywhere, since it was her favorite color.

she hadn't told them that, so she didn't know how they knew, but she wouldn't question, assuming it was casie.

as she took in her surroundings, casie notices her, letting out a loud squeal, getting everyone's attention.

as casie makes her way up the stairs to greet her best friend, everyone else in the house yells loudly for the birthday girl, hyping her up.

"happy birthday, kira!" casie pulls the girl into a bone crushing hug.

they pull away grabbing each other's hands. "case, this is so amazing, you guys did amazing. you even told them to do pink." shakira waves around at her surroundings.

"yeah, jack and i did everything else, but we didn't tell them to do pink, someone else must have, because when we started the planning they already knew."

shakira's eyes furrow slightly, as she racks her brain for who else could've known such information to be able to tell.

her eyes search the room, until they meet the familiar hazel ones that are standing not to far from the stairs, hands in his pockets as he looks at the girl, a small smile on his face.