Confession

A.N: AU!Micheal again, hope you enjoy this hurt/comfort. Just a heads up, mentions of Adelaide '95 - non of them a graphic though, just mentions.

It was that time of year again. It was that day again. On this day, 20 years ago, that accident had happened. The accident that had changed his life, the accident that had almost taken his life. He didn't like to remember it, but he couldn't forget either. He sighed. He wasn't in the mood to talk, not today. 20 years on and it still hurt. Then again, he reckoned Niki still didn't want to talk about his crash, all the way back in 1976.

Mika spared a glance outside via his window. He was sitting in his room, quietly taking everything in. Of course, someone was bound to notice that he wasn't his usual, optimistic self - but he didn't want to think about that, not just yet, anyways. He had shut the door to his room, to avoid being disturbed. That attempt was futile.

"Mika?" a female voice rang out, a knock on the door to his room following.

The door opened to reveal his girlfriend; Marketa, who had concern written all over her face. He sighed.

"Mika, what's wrong?" she stepped into the room, closing the door afterwards.

The Finn didn't say anything, only looking away. He wasn't too aware of Marketa approaching him, he was more focused on the scenery outside anyways - it distracted him from his thoughts.

"Mika.." she gently stroked his hair. "What's wrong?"

"You do know what day it is, right?" the Finn asked heavily, sadness lining his voice.

She gently squeezed his shoulder, a weak attempt at comforting him. They both knew it wasn't enough. It was also at that moment that the doorbell rang, to the confusion of both. They weren't expecting any visitors today... right?

"Do you want me to see who's there?" she asked, meeting his gaze.

"Yeah, sure." Mika replied, gaze shifting to floor. He sincerely hoped it wasn't someone who would most likely make him feel worse.

After a short moment of silence, he heard two recognizable voices other than Marketa's. He got up, also heading towards the main door, he was certain of who the two others were, but he wanted to see them to make sure he wasn't losing it.

"Hi Mika." DC was standing inside, and standing next him was Micheal. They both looked relatively concerned upon taking note of Mika's somber face.

"Mika, are you okay?" the German asked, while Marketa shut the door. She left them to themselves after doing so.

"You know what day it is, right?" the Finn asked meekly, heading back to his room.

"What do you-" David started, before realizing. "Oh.... right."

The other two hurried after their friend, concerned. It hurt to see their friend disheartened like this, so they decided that they were going to take action. They were going to help him through his troubles. Mika let himself fall on his bed, landing on his back, while DC and Micheal sat either side of him.

"Mika, it's alright." Micheal squeezed one of his former rival's hands. "Take your time, it's alright... just take your time."

Mika didn't do anything in responce, just lying on the bed. He felt tears welling up in his eyes. It hurt. There was a reason he didn't talk about it very often. He let out a long sigh, it occasionally wavering with emotion.

"Mika, it's okay. We're here for you, it'll be okay." the 13x grand prix winner whispered.

Micheal gently stroked Mika's head, tracing his fingers through the 2x world champion's hair.