CHAPTER 3

I'm on my to have a meal with the fool,the meal where I'm supposed to ask him about that woman and he gets angry with me for doing so.

I have no plans on doing that

Even if the ladies-in-waiting recommended me to ask but there's no way I'd do that.It would only look like I care,which I don't but asking will make that garbage think my empress cares and is jealous,it would even get to his head if he's extra delusional this time,which he probably is.

I arrived at the eastern palace where that fool stayed, and sat at a dining table that was far too large for two people.And yet he wonders why Navier is so distant with him?

I grabbed my utensils and ate quietly taking few glimpses at him.He may be good looking but knowing what he's really like,the sight of him still raises my blood pressure even more now that I'm seeing him in the flesh and it was already bad enough when it was just on the screen.

I didn't want to talk to him at all but suddenly he opened a few topics.At first we only talked about recent political issues, such as the preparations for New Year's Day.

I was grateful to myself for learning about politics and governing,most of it from the ones I read ofcourse.

When we ran out of topics I stopped talking and continued to eat.I can't let this fool ruin my appetite and mood even more.

I kept my focus on my food but I would constantly feel that assholes eyes on me.Why does he keep gazing at me?I know my Empress is beautiful but since when did he appreciate that?

Oh wow is he waiting for me to ask or mention about him bringing in another woman?

This prick just loves getting a reaction from women.Well it's probably his only source of self worth anyways.

Don't think I'm gonna give you what you want,you piece of shit.Your not worth anything.

When I finished my meal,I immediately excused myself and let myself out of the room.I couldn't care less if he's not done yet or if it's rude to leave even before the emperor hasn't finished eating.He doesn't deserve shit.

*
*
*

Im finally at my room reading some books to get familiar with this new world.Since it looks like I'm gonna be here for a while I should know more things about this world.

My ladies-in-waiting came to my room and greeted me.They approached and looked hesitant to speak up.

"Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

"We wanted to ask what did His Majesty say?"

I'm supposed to be telling them how he got angry with me for mentioning the woman,but since that didn't happen I might as well tell them what he said in the original even if he didn't say it this time.Its not like their gonna find out he never said anything like that.

"He said the woman was accidentally caught in one of his traps. There was no mention of her being a runaway slave or anything like that...He said he was taking care of her, and he seemed unhappy to keep talking about it."

As soon as I finished, Laura stamped her foot with a resounding thud. The other more genteel ladies gave her a look, but Laura was already pouting and not paying attention to them.

"Your Majesty, do you know that's exactly what my father was doing at the beginning of his affair?"

Laura raised her voice and Countess Eliza said her name in warning. Laura, however, had already gone this far and wouldn't stop.

"That's what it looks like. Those are exactly the early signs of an affair. Why wouldn't he want to talk about it?"

The ladies scolded Laura for talking too bluntly, but they did not deny her words.

I chuckled

The ladies got quiet and looked at me.

"Ladies,it doesn't matter if the Emperor does have an affair with that woman.The Emperor will probably take her in to serve him.And wouldn't that be good?The Emperor now has someone to warm his bed.Everyone knows how deprived he is of it"

That's right

Make him look like a dirty desperate man and make that woman nothing than just someone who's only worth is to give pleasure to the Emperor.

As long as I ruin their image,my Empress's image will remain pure and dignified.

I will make the people see them as the adulterers that they are.The concubine system may be valid here but as long as someone makes it a terrible and awful thing,it will ruin the image of the Imperial family.My Empress may care about the reputation of the Imperial Family...but I don't.

The ladies looked at me with concern.

I don't know if their worried or scared of my behavior.

Oh well

They have no choice but to put up with it

"Do not worry,ladies.Whether he has ten or a hundred concubines, they're still concubines and I'm the empress. He and I never loved each other to begin with so why would It even matter?As long as I am the Empress,you won't need to worry about anything"

Telling them that I don't love the Emperor might cause a few problems but I have to make it clear that I never had feelings for him and I will never be hurt by him emotionally.

To think this is supposed to be the moment where Navier is talking to Countess Eliza about how hurt she is about what that dipshit did and how heartbroken she is.Instead I'm mocking him and ruining his image.

Well he is a walking dissapointment so it's understandable but I was upset on how hurt she was.I guess I felt bad for her but that wasn't her fault,everything was that jackass fault and all the blame should be put on him as it should be.

Just thinking about him gives me a headache.

I should focus on adapting to this new world and do my best to fulfill my empress's duties while I'm in her body.I won't dissapoint her and change her life for the better.