CHAPTER 19

"Your highness,did you give up on finding out who you were exchanging letters with?"

"I'm afraid so.Since they haven't revealed themselves so far,I think they must want to keep their identity a secret"

"But you must still be disappointed..."

"I don't want to make them uncomfortable "

He's keeping his promise

He really is a good man

From time to time he looked at me, and I smiled and nodded at him

Suddenly our attention turned towards the door when it opened and someone came in. It was the captain of the royal guard.

He must be here for that...

"Your majesty,you may wish to come to the Grand Banquet Hall for a moment "

He sounded serious. There were only twenty people in the room, so everyone could hear what he said. All the guests' eyes were on him.

"Is something the matter?"

"Well..."

The captain seemed reluctant to answer in present company

"Take me there immediately "

The bastard picked up on it and went outside with the knight.

Finally he's gone...

He's just gonna save the damsel in distress yet again cause that woman's master has found its slave

I know Im capable of doing something about that situation but why would I?

That woman should stop replying on a man nor act like a child

Well she is bound to be doomed with that mindset of her

I admit...her circumstances are terrible even for me but that's not enough to be something I should be part of or be guilty of.

She's had enough chances to change for the better and she didn't take them.

Im not responsible for how she acts nor how her nature is.

That's all on her

*
*
*

When the time came, I left the Red Rose room and went to the grand banquet hall.

I had to check on the drama or atleast what is happening in the Grand Banquet Hall.This way I would have a valid source of information.

I finally came in the Grand Banquet Hall and the atmosphere was weird.It was livelier than I expected.

Isn't it supposed to be tense with what just happened?

I looked around confusedly, and Laura ran over to me.

"Your majesty!Your majesty!Have you heard what happened?"

"Did something noteworthy happen,Laura?"

"Yes! Something very interesting happened!"

Laura's nostrils were flared in excitement, and she moved me to a suitable place for conversation.

"Here,your majesty should eat while you listen!This news may turn out to be the icing on the cake!"

Laura pushed a plate of desserts and a fork towards me.

I took it and started to eat the dessert

"It's about Rashta!"

I nodded to signal her to continue

"Do you remember the rumor about Rashta being a runaway slave?"

"I do.What about it?"