CHAPTER 15

The Third Day of the New Years Ceremony

"So Prince Heinley's partner today is the one who exchanged letters with him?"

It was Prince Heinley,on his front was Cherily, Rashta's maid.

The room started to buzz with gossip. I looked straight towards them.My face amused at what I'm seeing.

Then I turned away, picking up a glass from a passing servant. I didn't check what drink it was, until my taste buds informed me it was strawberry juice. It was very sweet, quite similar to my mood. Only difference is,my mood was more twisted with my desire of drama.

Then, the music started to play. I was in no mood for dancing, so I settled myself on a couch by the wall and talked to guests.

However, some time after, a commotion in the middle of the room interrupted my conversation. I looked up and saw everyone's eyes were turned towards Prince Heinley, who looked heartbroken, and Rashta's maid, whose face was blotched red with tears. The sweet atmosphere from only a few hours ago had completely dissipated. One was terrified, while the other looked like he was suppressing his anger.

I couldn't hear well from here, and I stood up and made my way towards the crowd.

I have to get close and get a better view

"Why did you deceive me?Didn't I tell you I was looking for a precious friend? Is it acceptable for a servant to deliberately fool royalty in the Eastern Empire?"

"I-i didn't mean-!Um, I..."

I took a champagne from a passing waiter and drunk the champagne while watching the scene unfold.This would be better with some popcorn.

Some nobles glared at the maid and one muttered under their breath,

"Bringing disgrace to the country...."

The maid heard it and turned redder than before.

"However...what you said wasn't a complete lie,now was it?"

"I...pardon?"

"You did know some of the letter's contents...You weren't my anonymous pen pal,but you do know the real recipient of my letters,don't you?Perhaps the recipient is your master..."

Prince Heinley then glanced at me

"Or, someone your master knows"

I smirked and raised an eyebrow at him

Rashta, who had not said a word so far, sighed and stepped forward.

"You're surprisingly perceptive,Prince Heinley.From the contents of the letters,I thought you were just a flippant person"

Rashta wasn't just coming forward.She spoke with a nuance that suggested she knew him through the letters and the nobles exchanged glances with each other.Prince Heinley looked up at Rashta with his eyebrows raised, then smiled.

"Lady Cherini is your lady-in-waiting,yes?"

"Yes.Im the one you've been looking for,your highness.I can easily prove it to you if you don't believe me"

Oh shit she actually did it

I covered my mouth to stiffle my laugh

This is even more amusing to watch when knowing where this is going

"No,it's quite alright.Im sure someone like you wouldn't lie about something like this"

*
*
*

"Ugh. Isn't she an absolute hussy?"