#2 The Advanced Class: Tips and Tricks

High Five: Meet the panel

Sarah Benson:@SarahBensonBooks

Rita Kovach: @rskovach

Michelle Hayes: @Michelle007

Jason Howell: @SeeThomasHowl

Brittanie Charmintine: @BrittanieCharmintine

And our show runner:

Nat Bradford: @natsaninja

Cream or Sugar: To see these shoutouts, check out Two-Week Notice #1

The Entrée: Questions and discussion from week two of The Corner Booth

1. What do you do that sets you apart from other Wattpadders? Was this inspired or invented?

Sarah Benson: One thing I love to do is brag on other writers because I'm always excited about finding a new thing and sharing it with everyone I know. When I give a dedication, I always try to personalize it and make it feel special to show that I know who you are and that I appreciate you. I like to have fun with the comments, talking back and forth with them. Interactive dialogues let people know that you know who they are. I try to consistently post, right now I post every Friday so they know when a new update is going to happen.

Rita Kovach: I host a collection of seasonal anthologies that are a bunch of other Wattpadders works. We have 13 days of Halloween, 12 days of Christmas, 14 days of Valentines, and the Endless days of Summer. Before the holidays or events I put a callout, asking who wants to contribute. Readers have found authors, authors have found other authors.

Featured writing: Wattpad promotes you on their social media and your book gets to be on the first one or two pages of the featured list. You can either submit your story yourself to stories@wattpad.com, a friend can nominate your story, or someone at Wattpad can come across your story and decide they want to feature it. 6 month commitment, and the story needs to be completed or nearly completed, and it needs to be written well. You will see a large increase in reads, some will be curious readers who won't read far, but there will be those who do enjoy it and read through.

Michelle Hayes: I make certain to interact with other authors and have developed relationships. My book wouldn't be where it is without their constant support. I try to deliver a unique story that has its own twists.

Jason Howell: I usually write short stories individually and put more attention into the clubs, so I avoid the hot lists. This is not something everyone should do. I wouldn't recommend it to everybody.

Brittanie Charmintine: I really truly care about my readers, I love them. I get so many personal messages and I know so much about my readers and I get protective about them. I can't stand it when they're being hurt in any way. I'm also known for answering every comment that I get, but I really love that interaction with my readers. I'm a cheerleader because I care about my friends-my fellow writers-on the site. I care about their successes. I get really involved with my readers through my fan club where I have different contests for readers.

2. Your "foot-in-mouth" experience: What's one thing you've done on Wattpad that you regret? What did you do to push through it?

Michelle: I don't think I've had one quite yet, but when it does, I'll be happy to share with y'all.