4

Kiari's POV

I sat at my desk rushing this physics paper. I quickly copy and pasted my bibliography and turned it in. Who cares about proofreading right? I peeped the time in the corner of my laptop, 4:48. FOUR FORTY EIGHT??? I quickly hopped up and rushed to get in the shower. As I showered I thought about daryn. I mean really thought about her. I enjoyed spending time with her and I like how caring she is. My phone vibrated on the counter startling me. I ignored it and finished showering. When I got out I checked to see who it was.
D- im outside
D- hello
D- kneegrow ima bust down this door

I laughed at her, like she could bust down a door.
K- i'm coming, don't hurt yourself now
I threw on my robe and went down the hall to see Daryn... on my couch.
"How the fuck did you get in my house?"
"You can't greet me first?" Daryn laughed as she tossed my spare key at me.
"Inside one of the plants? Really?"
"Well I've never been robbed so..." I muttered. Fuck her, that was a good spot.

"Finish getting ready so we can go. I'm driving." Daryn said.
"I could put a bag in your car incase I get small later on?" I asked.
"Yea that's fine but hurry up bruh."
"Okay damn, impatient ass." I said as I went down the hall to make my bag. I added a change of clothes, my crocs, a couple of books, a water bottle, some fidgets, and my pacifier. I zipped it up and threw it into the hall. I walked back into my big kid room and put on a light green shirt with the word "Ethereal" in a darker green along with some lose fitting black jeans. I wanted to match Daryn. I ran my hands through my twists and stood by the couch.

"Ready!" I declared. Daryn looked me up and down before smiling at me.
"Your shoes love, where are your shoes?" She asked me. I facepalmed myself and ran into my room to grab my 4s and put them on. I walked out calmly back to Daryn.
"Okay, NOW I'm ready."
"Good job, pass me your bag and let's goooo!" Daryn said. I followed her to her car and sat in the passenger seat. I felt my anxiety start to rise, I haven't been on a date in so long. As Daryn drove I sat in the silence. She broke it by putting on music, I watched her drive until we stopped at a red light.

"Babe what do you need? You keep staring at me, is everything okay?" Daryn asked. I nodded my head yes and faced the window. We got to the restaurant and I sat across from Daryn quietly. Willing myself not to regress, I needed to make it through this date as an adult.
"How are you feeling?" Daryn asked me.
"Honestly I'm very nervous, im glad to be here with you... but I'm nervous as fuck." I admitted.

"Well that's fine, dates can be nerve racking. Anyway I can make this easier for you?" Daryn asked.
"Um I don't know, it'll happen naturally. Here comes the waiter." I said.
"Good evening and welcome to the Violet Prairie. I'm your server Adiya. Can I start y'all off with something to drink?"

"Can I get a lavender ice tea please?" Daryn ordered. She looked back at me, I was stuck. I couldn't speak, this was embarrassing.
"Um I'll have, um, the um, can I get um-" I struggled to get out.
"They'll have a water and a strawberry lemonade, thank you." Daryn ordered for me. I gave her a tearful stare as Adiya walked away.

"Baby... you have to ask for help when you need it. I know it can be hard sometimes but you gotta try. I have no problem ordering for you if your anxiety gets the best of you." Daryn said. She grabbed a packet of tissues out her tote bag and wiped the couple tears that fell on my face.
"Th-thank you." I said barely above a whisper. Adiya came back with our drinks.
"Are you guys ready to order?" She asked. I looked up at DD and she nodded at me.

"Yes, I'll have the summer salad, no almonds please and dressing on the side. I would also like an order of fries with that please. They'll have the chicken parm with extra cheese and also an order of fries." Daryn said. She does such a good job speaking, I wish I could talk like her.
"Okay I'll be back with your food." Adiya said.
"Thank you." DD said. I reached for her hand and she gave it to me.
"How would you like me to handle you right now?"
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Should I treat you like an adult, a little kid, or like my teeny tiny baby?" Daryn asked. That last part made me laugh.

"I'm trying to stay an adult so we can have a real date but it's a lot of people here and it's making my anxiety go crazy. I don't wanna annoy you so I got this. I can stay big for the night."
"Annoy me? Baby don't say that. I'm your caregiver and your friend. It's my job to help you, your cute self could never annoy me. If you need help right now that's okay and I'm serious."

"Friend?" I repeated while furrowing my eyebrows. "I thought you liked me? Like romantically... I'm not trying to disregard what you said, I appreciate it but friend?" I said.
"I mean we never made anything official and of course I'm into you romantically. You're the only person I see. I want to be with you for the long run but we can't just rush into it." Daryn said. My face heated up when she says she wanted to be with me for the long run.

"You're so sweet and you're right. I wasn't trying to rush I was just trying to see where we are." I replied. Just then Adiya returned with our food.
"Do you guys need anything else? Extra napkins, a refill?" She asked after setting down our food.
"No thank you we're all good." DD replied with a smile.
"Okay then enjoy."

"Thank you." We replied in unison. Aditya let out a small laugh before leaving the table. I didn't realize how much food this was gonna be. I looked up at Daryn, who had already started eating, she eventually looked back at me. She started cutting up my food for me and portioning it off a bit.
"Open." Daryn instructed me. I opened my mouth and she fed me my food. My heart exploded, I'm unsure of the headspace I'm in but all I feel is bliss. Daryn and I fit together like puzzle pieces.

hi guys<3