The Weird Kid in Class

Description:

There's a weird kid in Ayumi's class. He leaves class whenever and comes back the next day. However, Ayumi will find out what his secret is!

-------------------------------------------------

There is a weird kid in Ayumi's class! Even his introduction to the school was weird! He started out in the middle of the day, in the middle of the year, and in the middle of our exams! It doesn't get weirder than that! 

Kobayashi-sensei introduced him to the class and he nodded and then gave his name ("I-I -- my name is Kurogane Yamamoto, n-nice to meet you"). As if his situation wasn't weird already, he brought a bag that is usually used for carrying shinai with him to class, I remember thinking he was super weird at that instance, ('You're supposed to leave your shinai in the locker'), but then things got weirder and weirder! Since he sits next to me I think I'm the only one who notices, Mitsuhiko and Genta told me to ignore it, but it's hard to! 

To start with, his watch is pretty big, it's got big buttons and a weird digital display, it's usually hidden under his sleeves, but its weird shape stands out when he pulls them back, not to mention the fact that he spends most of his time during class looking at his weird watch and pressing buttons in it -- which is another thing that bugs me about him. He comes to school every day but never does anything school-related, always either messing with his watch or playing with his cards...

Having work projects with him is horrible! He never appears to do the projects together and refuses to let others visit his house. 

My friends think it's because his house is messy and that he is just lazy, but that doesn't make sense because his backpack is super organized, I peeked into it and saw different separations per class inside the bag, separating it per subject. 

There's something even weirder about him, somedays, Kurogane-kun just leaves class and doesn't return until the next day. He's just weird, super weird. I've tried following after him, telling the teacher I want to go to the bathroom so I could follow him, but every time I try to catch up to him he disappears somehow. I am never able to actually find him, but today! Today was going to be different!

'Alright, let's start the plan!' I grabbed a pair of glasses I borrowed from Conan-kun, took off the piece at it's end and then looked at Kurogane-kun's desk, he went out in the playground during recess and disappeared, but that just left his bag free where it was, and since he always took it with him when he left it was the perfect moment to strike! 

I opened the bag ever so slightly, put the end of the glasses in the big pocket and then closed the bag with a smile on my face, I was finally going to figure out where he went. I already told Kobayashi-sensei what I was doing, and although she was very against it she promised me that if I got the best grade in class she would let me go through with the plan -- all that studying with Conan-kun payed off!

'Now I just wait!' I thought, sitting down in my seat and looking at the clock, about to hit 10:00, 'Three,' the longest hand of the clock ticked, 'Two,' the longest hand ticked again, 'Now!' I thought as the door slid open and the bells sounded. I looked toward the door and there he was.

 I looked toward the door and there he was