ch. 20 - a happy ending

*time skip 6 months later*

Mandy and Hunter have been dating for 6 months now. They opened their new version of Martial Art Innovations about a month after they started dating, and it was very successful so far. Their schedule consisted of going to school, having a small window to eat and do homework, and then open up the studio to hold classes. They organized classes according to age, belt rank, and their available time (since they were still in school). Classes were on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and had an open sparring night every Friday. It was very similar to their old instructor's format. They were making a lot of money and had so many students. 

Now, Prom had arrived. Before Mandy even asked, Hunter offered to coordinate his outfit with the color of her dress. It's the little moments like this that reminded Mandy how perfect Hunter is for her. 

For her senior prom, she wore a light pink floor-length dress, that had sparkles from top to bottom. When she got the dress shortened to her height, the tailor gave her the extra fabric, and she used it to cover Hunter's dress shoes so they matched her gown. Hunter also had a matching pink flower on his suit, and (sparkly) pink tie. Mandy had her hair professionally curled and styled. 

Both of their families came together to take photos and hang out before sending them off. Hunter pulled up in his black truck, with a little gift box in his hand. When he walked in, Mandy's parents called her to come down. 

She turned the corner of the stairs, and smiled. She saw Hunter, who's soft, chocolate brown eyes were glued to her. 

Hunter: "You look so... angelic. Absolutely beautiful."

Mandy: "Thank you" *she blushed and looked down*

She came down the stairs and greeted him with a kiss. Hunter gave her the gift box he brought in with him. She opened it with excitement. Once she took of the lid, it revealed a alluring necklace. It was a pearly-white heart on a silver chain. And engraved into the heart was the phrase, "Live a Little"

Mandy's face was in awe as she examined the gorgeous piece of jewelry. He gently took it out of the box and put in around Mandy's neck. She looked at it in a nearby mirror and smiled.

Mandy: "I love this, thank you. I feel bad I didn't get you anything! I'll get you a gift soon."

Hunter: "No it's okay, I don't need a gift; All I need is your love."

The happy couple headed off to Prom, and had the best night. A night full of dancing, laughter, and memories. 

Mandy wore her necklace from Hunter all the time from then on. And later in the future, she wore it on their wedding day. 

--------------------------------------------------——————

They went on to have the most successful Martial Arts studio in the United States. They collectively had thousands of students throughout the years. They got to work with people of all ages, from toddlers to elders. Their company, and story of making the studio, was publicized and broadcasted all over the world, and news about their studio spread back to their old MMA instructor. Their instructor, even in his old age, took a flight to visit them. When Mandy and Hunter greeted him, the first thing he said was: 

"I knew you two would find your way back to each other."

He was beyond proud of the work they created together, and so happy that Mandy regained a passion for the sport she loved so dearly. And just to think of it... 

She got to do all of this because of one stupid love letter.