Prologue

Breathing heavily, he looked down upon the corpses. 

He had mixed feelings. 

He didn't understand.

How did it come to this?

The man fell to his knees and he could feel the still-warm blood seep onto his jeans. He didn't care. His focus was no where near on what he was feeling physically. 

He didn't understand. It was so unreal to him. So new.

He was only barely aware of another body walking around him. Stalking like a predator. A monster, laughing at himself and what he had done.

"I don't know why you're so upset. You wanted this."

He shook his head, "N-no . . . . no, I didn't. I-"

The monster grinned ear to ear, looking down on him with one normal eye and another glowing a bright neon green, "No reason to lie . . . . I KNOW you . . . . knew you . . . ." his face turned to mock a sad face with his bottom lip out dramatically, "Aw, are you upset with me? Poor thing . . . . What a fucking waste you are."

They stared at each other for a few moments, neither making a move. Just contemplating.

Finally the monster grinned again and dragged his nails down his face.

He couldn't even flinch at his touch. Everything felt numb to him now.

"Pathetic. How much a mirror image can be so different. You're disgusting . . . I was going to coerce you to my side  but now upon further reconsideration . . . . you're useless to me."

The monster gripped his hair with one hand and took out a knife from its sheath attached to his pants, "However . . . you do have SOMETHING I could use. Try not to blink"

"Wh-what?"

He didn't have time to pull himself together and get away. It happened so fast. The knife fell down on his face and into his skull. He screamed and shrugged, the pain suddenly giving him the adrenaline he needed. But it was too late and he was too weak against him.

The monster held him strong and tight until it was done, ripping out the other's own green eye.

He held it in his fingers, looking at it with a small smile as one would a trinket.

"There we go . . . " The monster wasn't finished, though.

He watched with his one good eye, trying to hold onto his face that was now bleeding profusely, 'What is he doing?! Why?!'

The monster, without any pain in his movements, suddenly plunged his fingers into his own normal eye and ripped it out swift and cleanly before sticking the other's green eye into his own skull.

He watched, sickened, as he popped it into place, his now two green eyes glowing like a predator's down on him.

'How did he . . how did he do that? That shouldn't be possible.'

The monster, like a demon, smiled again with his teeth shining, "Perhaps I'll see you again one day. . . .  Consider it a privilege I let you live and you didn't end up like these poor sods." he chuckled and kicked a body to prove a point.

He flinched at the lifelessness of the body. They were really . .  dead.

The monster had electricity snapping around him, "It's not the end, though. . . . It'll never be. . . Not until every last single version is wiped from the face of ALL universes. I'll let you live, though . ..you were once like me . . . I'll let you have a front row seat so you can watch me do better."

Suddenly, an enormous pulse erupted from him and in an abrupt crack of lightning, he was gone. There was nothing surrounding that house for miles now, the charm still holding strong on the house itself. But not on anything else around it.

He stared at the place he once stood, half expecting him to reappear and change his mind.

'I .  . no . . . I . . .. this is all my fault' still holding the area were his one eye used to be, he blamed himself for all of this, 'And now they're all going to die because I was a coward . . . . too weak'

He curled in on himself in the fetal position, holding himself tightly, 'I'm sorry . . . . I'm so fucking sorry'

Hey guys . . . .  I'm Back. 😈