Part 18: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

It had happened so fast.

In fact, all of them were certain they were dead.

Until the pain hit.

Chase groaned, feeling aches all over but nothing felt broken.

'That's fucking weird. I should at LEAST be dead after that' he finally opened his eyes.

He expected darkness but once again, he was wrong.

Just a few feet away from him was a light emanating from Marvin's hands. With the light enveloping what little area they had, Chase could see Anti and Jackie standing above them, holding the mountain but from completely crushing them all.

Honestly, they looked absolutely amazing side by side. All the power they held still astonished Chase.

Just in front of him were Jameson and Henrik. They looked just as out of it as Chase but were fine.

Of course, Anti and Jackie weren't holding ALL of the mountain up. Some rubble had broken around them just from the sheer force of it crashing down on top of them.

Rocks and debris covered them a bit but not enough to hurt them.

"God damn" Chase snorted, "You two really are powerhouses."

But that's when the father noticed Jackie's expression.

He was crying.

"Jackie? . . . . ." he couldn't ask what was wrong, though. 

They had just all broken free from Antisepticeye's mind-games. Of course his mental state wasn't going to be good.

Anti was straining under all the weight above him but looked straight at Jackie. He looked so . .  broken.

"Jackie . . . . don't . . . don't you dare give up."

The hero grit his teeth but glared back at him, "Don't you tell me . . . .  you're not the one who had to watch his LITERAL family die in front of them over and over again! My sister . . . and my nephew. . ."

"Dammit, Jackie" Anti seethed back at him, "My family DID die in front of me . . . and I'm not about to watch it happen all over again HERE! So suck it up . . . . and lift this fucking ROCK!"

Jackie flinched, his muscles contracting. He couldn't keep this up.

"It . . . it doesn't matter  . . .  I can't do it"

"Of course you fucking can!" Chase yelled at him before coughing, " . . . . You're a superhero . . . you can-"

"I wasn't supposed . . . to have this power, remember? Marvin gave it to me from HIS energy. . . It's not really mine . . .  never was. I'm not  . . I'm not strong enough"

Jackie groaned in pain suddenly, flinching again as some more rock crumbled down on them.

Jackie hacked up some dust, waiting for the others to start yelling at him.

But he was surprised when they didn't.

Henrik and Jameson no longer looked so sure of their odds. 

It was different before. 

BEFORE, there wasn't a mountain on top of them.

Anti was astonished, "No . . . wait, we can still do this"

"But how?" Henrik sighed, "Sean is gone along with zhe canon and zhat canon was our last hope against him"

'No, Sean didn't run away' Jameson signed to them, 'I saw him for a moment hiding before the mountain came down on us. He's out there, I know it'