𝐓𝐄𝐍. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰

❛ YOU MAKE ME CRAZY ❜

YOU MAKE ME CRAZY

❁ ❁ ❁

"You wanted to talk?" Nicole came up to Conrad who was sitting in front of his driveway. "Yeah," he said distantly, "Let's walk?" Nicole nodded, biting her lip anxiously as she watched him get up. The two started walking toward the boardwalk. It was a silent walk, Conrad loved the silence, but he knew he couldn't be quiet for long.

"Just say it, Conrad," Nicole sighed, the heartbreak on her face clear as ever. "But don't do that 'it's not you, it's me' bullshit, just tell me why." The two stopped in front of the candied apple booth. "It's just, I'm still not over this girl."

"Your friend?" Nicole asked, "You guys weren't-" Conrad shook his head, "Not Aubrey." Nicole's face came to the realization, "That Iris girl." Conrad couldn't look at Nicole, "I'm sorry, I just, I don't want to hurt anyone anymore, I don't wanna hurt you." Nicole gave him a weak smile, "It's okay Conrad. I'm fine, it was just a fling."

Relief, Conrad had felt relief. "But maybe you should be apologizing to her instead," Nicole suggested. "I'm not dumb, we were talking about you at the tea session. And she had that look on her face," Nicole looked up at Conrad, "The same one you have right now."

Conrad was speechless, so Nicole continued, "What I'm saying is, yes you might not be over her, but she shouldn't have that upset look whenever your name is mentioned. Iris seems like a nice, genuine girl. She shouldn't be spending her summer frowning and being sad. Be the guy to make her smile and laugh, not the guy that makes her cry. I know you can."

Be the guy to make her smile and laugh, she said. But there was an issue, he didn't know how.

❁ ❁ ❁

"You look beautiful Belly," Iris grinned, handing the fifteen-year-old lipgloss. "Thank you, Iris," she smiled wide, applying the lip gloss to her lips. "Are you sure you don't wanna come with to the movies?" Belly asked her. The seventeen-year-old shook her head, "And intrude on your first date? No way, I'll just stick around with the guys at your mom's party."

"I just don't want you to be stuck in the same vicinity as him," Belly admitted. Iris laughed lightly, "I'll be fine Belly, I'm old enough to handle my battles." Belly rolled her eyes, "Right. Well, I better get going, he'll be here in three minutes."
Iris walked Belly down, wanting to greet her date and see what the whole ordeal with the infamous 'Cam Cameron' was all about. When they reached his car, the boy waved, "Hi I'm Cameron, not Cam Cameron, just Cameron," he rambled. Iris couldn't help but laugh at his slight awkwardness, "Hello Cameron, please take care of Belly."

Belly's cheeks flushed pink, "Okay mom, you go back inside now." Iris laughed more, "Have fun you two." She backed away and headed inside to get ready for Laurel's book signing. Iris was truly grateful to have bonded with Belly so easily, she reminded her a lot of her little sister, but less dramatic and crazy.