𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐭

❛ SHOPPING THE DAY AWAY ❜

SHOPPING THE DAY AWAY

❁ ❁ ❁

"Bell's birthday is on Saturday," Jeremiah said, leaning on the doorframe of the room. Belly had gone out with their debutant friends, while Iris stayed back claiming she was too lazy to get out of bed.

"What does she like?" the seventeen year old questioned, rubbing her eyes to put on her glasses. "Well that's the thing, I don't know exactly what to get her."

Iris rolled her eyes and got out of bed, "You've known her all your life Jere, and you don't know what she likes?"

Jeremiah shrugged, "Well I do, I just don't know if she'll like it. I need a girl's opinion." Iris went towards her luggage, "Just give me a few to get ready, and I'll meet you downstairs." Jeremiah silently thanked her and ran downstairs.

❁ ❁ ❁

The two spent the day shopping, Iris managed to find her and Jeremiah gifts for Belly. A small key charm from Jeremiah and a simple shell bracelet from Iris.

The two were done shopping, until they had reached the little boutique on the corner. "Wait," she stopped Jeremiah staring at the dress. "You still haven't gotten your dress?" he asked her as they entered the building. Iris had shook her head as she closed the door behind her.

"Hi, welcome in!" the old lady at the registar greeted.

Iris walked towards the mannequin that wore the dress that caught her eye. "Is this for sale?" she asked the old lady. "I've been waiting for someone to buy that dress," the old lady replied.

The dress hadn't been like the dress Belly had bought, it was much less puffy and more flowy with the choice of material. It had been a classic white dress with small pearl accents around the waist band. "How much?" she asked the old lady.

"One thirty," the old lady replied, "But for you, one hundred only." Iris awed at the dress, noticing another feature that she was in amusement with, "There're pockets Jere," she gleamed, putting her hands in the holes.

Jere walked up to Iris, "Definetly get that dress," he told her. "Can I try it on?" she looked at the size, grateful that it had been hers. The old lady nodded and guided her to the fitting room, bringing the dress along.

❁ ❁ ❁

It had been a perfect fit. The dress slipped on her easily, and she had been able to zip it up with no problem. "Be honest," she yelled from inside the fitting room. "Does it look good?" she walked out, asking Jeremiah who had been preoccupied with his phone.

The younger Fisher looked up, in awe with his close friend's appearance. "You look beautiful Iris," he said honestly, putting his phone away.

"You think this is too much?" she asked him. He shook his head, "It's perfect. I think someone might also find it perfect," he teased, Iris had an idea of who he meant, but she chose to ignore it. "I'm gonna go buy this," she said as she went back inside the fitting room to change out of the dress.

❁ ❁ ❁

"So Iris, have you found yourself an escort to the ball?" Jeremiah asked her, the two driving back to the summer house after going shopping for the day. "Not exactly, but I might have someone in mind." Jeremiah smiled, "Is it who I think it is?"

"The person you think it is hasn't talked to me since we got here, or I haven't exactly talked to him, either way we aren't talking at the moment."

Jeremiah's smile turned upside down, "What happened now?"

Iris bit her lip, "We 'talked' things out, but it was just too hard to talk stuff with him after everything." Jeremiah nodded, allowing her to continue.

"Like, imagine, Belly. Imagine she had told you that she was going to hang out with Taylor doing girl stuff so she wouldn't be able to go shopping with you to help you find a gift for your mom, meaning you had to go shopping by yourself because everyone else was busy, and you bought her a gift because her birthday was coming up, but later in the afternoon, when you wanted to get apple pie at the bakery you two go to, you find her hanging out with Cameron instead," she rambled.

"That felt personal," Jeremiah stated, turning into the house. "I'm sorry, I really needed to let that out," she said apologetically with rosy cheeks. Jeremiah grinned as the two stayed in the car, Jeremiah knew she had meant Conrad, and wanted her to be able to talk to him about it. "No worries Iris. How did you feel after that?"

"After I saw them together?"

Jeremiah nodded. "I mean I didn't really feel anything, I didn't think much of it. I just felt disappointed because he lied when he could've told me the truth." She unbuckled her seatbelt but stayed in the seat, hesitating for a moment, "But then later on it did hurt, probably because I realized I was going to lose my best friend."

"You mean you realized that you loved him. And not just as a best friend."

"Loved?"

"Yes Iris, you know you loved him, everyone knew." 

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMESITER SPEAKS

jeremiah fisher and iris romero
friendship 👩🏽‍🍳🤌🏽

clarifying now that there is no
brother trope and it is strictly
platonic with a capital P between
iris and jere

also in this universe much like the
books, jeremiah does know about
susannah's cancer <3 for plot reasons

i do not have a ship name for
iris and conrad just yet but if anyone
does please give ideas 🤲🏽🤲🏽

stay hydrated !

© spidemeister