Chapter 7

ANASTASIA

ANASTASIA

Clubbing was the rarest activity I did.

"Do I look good? Do you think Patrick will like this color on me?" Claire almost jumped with excitement and flaunted her bright red dress to me. Truthfully, she was looking no less than Aphrodite.

"Yes Claire, you look amazing," I appreciated her for the fifth time. Squeaking out like a baby, she turned back to face the mirror and resumed her makeup.

To be honest, I did not fall in the category of a 'party girl,' however, Claire did. She had so many friends who always invited her to parties and clubbing now and then. And somehow, she always found a reason to manipulate me into accompanying her.

Like today.

I was wearing a simple blue dress and kept my hair down my shoulders. Claire was nearly finished, and I wondered how my life would have turned out without her. Although I loved solitude, I could not deny that I would turn insane without her presence in my life.

I had still not talked about my cemetery visit to anyone yet. Thinking about it made my insides crawl with fear. I shook the thought away from my mind and watched Claire walking towards me.

"I am done, do I look pretty?" She asked again and turned around to give me a view.

"Yes you do," I chuckled at her.

Tonight was someone's birthday and almost the entire school was invited to The Legosia, the poshest club in Deolin. Eventually, we both walked out of our apartment and made it to her car.

"Tonight is going to be a blast," Claire remarked as we both climbed up in the car.

"Where is Patrick?" I asked as I clasped my seatbelt.

"He's meeting us there," she informed and geared the car.

The drive was short since the club was closer to our apartment. After reaching, Claire parked our car in the parking lot. As we walked towards the entrance, I was awestruck by the exterior of The Legosia. There were neon lights everywhere, and the walls had a certain metallic touch that made them shine in the dark. We spotted Patrick with some boys and joined them at the entrance.

My friend's group exchanged few moments of laughter. I was finally feeling alive around so many people. It was like I had no troubles at all. I smiled and laughed along with them. It felt good to be normal like others.

"Ana, you look so pretty," Elliot compliment me. He was Patrick's closest friend, and I flushed at his words.

"Thank you, I try," I spoke lowly, and walked along with them. As soon as we entered the building, my breath hitched. My eyes nearly closed from the bright visuals inside the club.

The ambiance was mostly dark and reddish. Different types of lights were hanged from the ceiling. Even the floors had radiant colors emerging and the architecture on each wall was breathtaking. There were certain designs made of crystals around, and the loud music was blasting in my ears. Long rods of lights were struck on the walls and everything screamed luxary.