EPI. 13 - REVENGE

"We're over Miss Deva Hasini." Jayesh said in an authoritative tone.

Hasini felt a bucket of cold water poured on her head.

"Jay. Are you trying to prank me?" She asked, hoping everything was just a prank he played.

"Do you think I have time to play with you? or don't I have any other work to do?" He asked cockily.

"See Miss. Hasini. You have signed these divorce papers when we signed the marriage agreement papers." He said casually.

Hasini was dumbstruck.

"We kept these divorce papers along with the wedding agreement papers. Do you remember my friend advocate Chandru? He helped me to do this." Jayesh said.

"Why? Why did you do this?" She asked.

Her voice was above a whisper.

"That's a good question." He said.

He gave a bag to her.

Hasini opened that bag and found a diary in it.

A bunch of photos were also there in it.

Hasini was shocked after seeing those photos.

With a trembling hand she opened the diary.

'Year 2013 - Krish'

This was written on the top of the first page of the diary. The diary belongs to Krish.

The diary starts with the first day of meeting Hasini and ends when Krish plans to give a surprise visit to Hasini.

Hasini read that diary with a pure shock and after each and every page her heart started to beat rapidly. Tears from her eyes were falling continuously. After reading the complete diary, once again she took the photos from the bag. 

She touched those photos with her trembling hand. She held the photo near her heart and cried loudly.

Hasini and Krish were happily posing in each and every photo. In those photos both of their eyes screamed ' love'.

"You killed my brother." Suddenly Jayesh said, which brought Hasini out of trance.

Hasini's eyes widened in shock.

"Yes, Krish is my younger brother. He will tell all his secrets only to me. I went to foreign country for my higher studies and we couldn't communicate well with each other.

You know what? He wanted to give you a surprise visit but you were happily roaming around the city with your fiance. After seeing you with your fiance he called me. He cried miserably.

Do you know how it feels to hear your little sibling crying madly and you couldn't form a sentence to console them? You pushed me in that situation. It's been five years since I lost him on this same day." He shouted the last line and tears spilled from his eyes.

Hasini turned her head towards the calendar and was shocked to see the date. 

"He called you so many times but you didn't pick the call. Finally do you know what he did? 

He jumped off from the cliff." Jayesh said.

Hasini's eyes widened in shock.

"That day I decided to take revenge on you. But I couldn't find you. Before two years I saw you in Rahul's wedding. As soon as I saw your face I wanted to strangle you to death but it's a easy way to kill you. I want you to endure the pain everyday. From there I started to follow you and collected all the details about you. Even I've sent 2 - 3 people to make you fall in love with them but nothing worked and you're a tough nut to crack. Second time I saw you in Rithivi's wedding with your parents so I approached them first and gained their approval. I did each and every move perfectly and got married to you and made you to fall in love with me. I waited for you to propose me so that the next day I could throw these divorce papers in your face. As per my plan you proposed me." Jayesh completed his explanation with a smirk.

Rahul is Dipshi's and Nikitha's best friend and also a friend of Hasini.

"So everything is a revenge?" She asked in a detached tone.

He nodded his head.

"You didn't love me?" She asked with teary eyes.

Jayesh laughed and said with a serious face"I hate you from the bottom of my heart."

"Then why did you say you love me?" She asked.

"When did I say that?." He asked.

"In that cafe you proposed to me right?" She asked.

"I didn't say anything from my mouth and it was just written on the cake and I didn't confess anything to you. Never ever my tongue won't move a inch to tell those words to you ." He said determinedly.

'Yes, he didn't say that till now. On that day also it was just written on the cake.' Hasini thought.

"So you didn't love me?" She asked once again while tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Never ever." He said.

"You left my brother when you got wealthy man. How could you backstab him like that? I have not seen a cheap woman like you.

You don't deserve Love. You don't deserve to live." Venom was dripping from his words. His eyes were showing complete hatred for Hasini.

Hasini closed her eyes and ears to control herself.

"I don't want to see your face. Take your belongings and leave this house now itself." His voice boomed

Hasini was shivering. 
She stood up from the couch and moved to their room.

No no to his room.

'He didn't love me.

He didn't love me.

Everything was just revenge.

He didn't love me.' 
This was the only thing running in her head.

She took her bags and started to pack only the things which she brought from her parental home. 

After packing she came downstairs.

Jayesh was sitting on the couch.

Hasini said "I have kept your credit and debit card in the cupboard along with the other important documents. I have packed only my things."

He nodded his head.

She moved towards the door with a heavy heart.

"Wait." He said.

She stopped in her tracks with a hope.

"What about the thing which you're wearing in your neck?" He asked sarcastically.

She closed her eyes for a few seconds and sat on the stool which was beside the shoe rack.

She held her nuptial chain in her hand.

'For the first few days I looked at you only as a piece of ornament but after that you started to appear different in my eyes because of him. Because of him I thought you gave some meaning to my life but today I came to know that you're only a piece of ornament nothing more than that.' Hasini thought.

After a minute she removed the chain from her neck then she bent down and removed her toe rings. Finally she removed the ring from her finger and kept it on the table. 

"Good job." He said proudly with a smirk.

"I'm sorry, because of me you lost your brother." Hasini said with guilt while looking down at the floor.

She didn't turn to look at his face and left the apartment where she lived for the past six months and the place she considered it as her home.

  __________________________________________