You're Such a D💎ck

I blinked my eyes opened tiredly, almost sad when I didn't see Ash there. I lied, I was sad. Made me wonder how long it was after I fell asleep, he left. I sighed, almost forgetting my other troubles for a minute before feeling the hard lump from phone under the pillow.

I made my way out of bed, heading downstairs, making sure to leave the phone behind.

"Ay, mornin', Marina. Feelin' any better?" I looked over to the table, both of them sitting there with their bowls of cereal. My eyes lingered on Ash a second longer, shrugging to Fezco as I made my way to the table.

"Mornin'." I sulked, laying my head down on my arms looking towards them lazily. Both of them staring almost amused but acknowledge my pain.

"You gon' call your dad today?" I groaned, turning my head away and pulling it down towards the table.

"Can't I just pretend not to exist a little bit longer?" I almost pouted, oblivious to the look the two brothers gave each other.

"I mean, I think you should really give him a call, man. Who knows maybe, maybe your sister called?" I peeked my eyes over the side of my arm, the impassive look made it clear I was still salty towards her.

"I don't care if she's called a hundred times." I put my head back down, feeling the stings in the corner of my eyes. I could almost hear the silent conversation between the two, hearing the barely inaudible whisper, as if they were almost silently arguing about something.

"Ay, why don't you get somethin' to eat at least, kid. When's the last time you ate anythin' anyways?" I hummed an 'I don't know,'

"Bitch go get something to eat." I looked up, glaring poutfully at Ash as he suddenly orders me. I hum sassily at him, getting up from the table, grumbling under my breathe.

"Don't tell me what to do." I heard one of them chuckle under their breath, assuming it was Fezco. I quietly got some food, not meeting the other twos eyes as I could feel them watching me.

    I sit at the table soundlessly, looking down at my food as I felt them stare me down.

"You should really call your dad, Mar." I swirl the food around in bowl.

"I will." It sounded far away, like even my voice itself wasn't keen on the idea so it decided to leave.

"Nah, I'm serious, Gem. You wanna stay 'ere, then you'll call yo father. I'm not gonna be a dick and make you go home or tell him where you is but.. can't be makin' him worry like that, man." I tried refrain my face from scrunching up, the corner of my eyes stinging once more. I nod slowly, looking up to Fezco, not entirely willing but, figured it was the least I could do.. I still don't want to..

"Okay.." I swallowed hard, looking back down at my food.

"Good." Fez mumbles, getting up from the table with his empty bowl, patting my head roughly on the way by. I frown, not bothering to fix my hair as I look down at my food.

   As sad as I was about my own worries, my mind reflected back to last night. To Fezco's reaction yesterday when I told them the others two ran away.. How he said we all were acting stupid, and there's something off here.. with Ash. I worried something happened, but I had no clue what and for some reason I was scared to push Ash into telling me, not when he's actually.. Even after my best friend left me.. He still manages to make me feel better, even if it was only temporary. Just laying there with him was enough to make me feel better. Till I thought about whatever might have happened.

Then I'm just left feeling worst.

"What you thinkin' bout, ma?" Ash asked out as Fezco cleaned his dishes. My eyes raised halfway, faltering as I paused for a believable reply. I smiled, my eyes meeting his right after the small hesitation.