Chapter 8: Black Dragons exterminated

Shang Tsung's island )

The battle between Skarlet's party and Kabal's black dragons grew tense and fierce.

Reptile spayed Acid at so many Black Dragon thugs. Cyrax would launch bombs and fired Wrist Rockets at the thugs.

Haku threw ice senbon in vital areas of the thugs.

Yugito is currently clashing with Kira, Kabal's new recruit and student.

Nitara is fighting Kobra.

Skarlet and Kabal are still clashing as they circled around each other.

Kabal focused on her while whirling his Hookswords.

Skarlet glared at him flipping her knife and shifted it into a blood dagger.

Both glared at each other in silence. Waiting to see who is going to make the first move.

"Let's see what you're made of Skarlet," Kabal says now dashing forward at her.

She did the same thing as they both exchanged blows with one another while blocking each other's strikes, Kabal executed a flurry of slashes with his Hookswords with Skarlet blocking and evading them with her bloody Cutlass sword

He did his Nomad Dash running pass her knocking her to the side as she got back up looking at him. Seeing him ready his buzzsaw as he threw it at her she jumped avoiding it. He blasted his vapor blast at her as she created a fast blood ball as both attacks impacted.

He huffed as he dashed. She instantly reacted and lowered down her mask and began opening her mouth to release an ear piercing scream that it made Kabal get knocked back and held both his ears cringing.

"Damn it! What the hell was that!? That can't be Sindel's power! She can't have that!" Kabal thought

He got back up, now fully determined in fighting her to the death.

He did a Nomad Dash with his Hookswords out, both clashed with their weapons. He did a sweep kick knocking her off but she recovered quick and delivered an upper cut to his chin breaking a bit of his jaw and knocked some teeth out.

Sending him on the ground as he groaned in pain and looked pissed off that she knocked some teeth out his mouth.

"I'm going to fucking skin you alive for that you red-headed bitch!" He growled in anger as they both went at each other.

As for the black dragons they were losing this fight.

Yugito just roasted Kira alive along with burning other Black dragon members.

Nitara leaped on Kobra and bit deeper into his neck sucking all of his blood out of him and kicked him down dead.

Skarlet is still clashing with kabal as he dashed at her hookswords out before he could get close to her a blood tentacle appeared out of thin air and knocked him across the field sending him crashing into a Statue and into the pit bridge.

All battered up, badly wounded, one of his hookswords are broken, as he struggled to get up as he spit blood out his mouth. His hands-on his knees.

He looked up and saw her with a glare.

"I will not be bested by the likes of you!" he yelled and saw red as he lunged at her getting angry that he is losing to her, he couldn't understand how is she this strong?! How is he struggling with her!?

She cracked her blood whip hitting him dead in the face.

He got back up holding his remaining Hooksword.

She absorbed some of his blood that she spilled feeling much stronger and faster. Feeling very tired and injured badly. He used his Nomad Dash one last time using what strength he had left. She charged at him too both let out loud battle cries, both exchanged blows again with their weapons clashing and dealing heavy blows but Skarlet gained the upper hand and knocked His hooksword out his hand and impaled him with her Bloodspear.

He let out a gasp of pain with wide eyes. It was then he lost this fight.

"It's over Kabal." Skarlet says pulling her spear out and grabbed the man by the neck lifting him up.

"Not possible... For me to lose!" He shouted

"Anything is possible. The Black Dragon is now officially extinct, had you not sided with Raiden to kill me, I would have spared you and spared your little black Dragon band and offered you a place in my new empire. But instead, you die today." Skarlet says with a look of anger.

"Do your worst you red-headed whore! At least I'll join that prick Kano in hell!" He growled giving her a sneer.

"Oh your not going to the neatherrealm. I have use for your speed." She says with him narrowing his eyes

"What the hell are you talking about?" he questioned.

"You will know soon enough." She raised her hand with it glowing green and it was then Kabal realized what she meant widening his eyes in horror.

"No no NO! You CANT!" He screamed in disbelief.

"Oh but I can! Your soul is mine!" As she began draining his soul absorbing it inside her as Kabal screamed as he was reduced as a mummified lifeless husk after his soul had been completely drained. She then dropped his corpse into the pit letting it get impaled by the spikes seeing it will be his grave.

After absorbing his soul she felt much stronger and much faster than before. As she used Nomad Dash to run across the bridge and ran back to where she stood. Smiling

"Thank you very much for your speed Kabal. I'll put it to good use." she says running back to her party in a red flash.

( with the party)

The Group waited until they saw Skarlet appeared in a red flash.

"I take it Kabal is dead?" Asked Reptile knowing that it didn't take him to know what happened to Kabal seeing Skarlet appear to them this Fast.

"Kabal is dead. And so is the black dragon." Skarlet replied

"So where too now?" asked Nitara coming close to Skarlet.

"Still look for Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Sheeva. Then we find Raiden and take the Amulet from him ." She says after opening a portal as her and her party had went inside to go to the next location to the Shirai Ryu Stronghold where Scorpion resided.

( With Raiden)

"She's killed Kabal and ended the entire black dragon clan... It's just as I feared. She is getting stronger! I must consult with Earthrealm's Heroes and gather them together to defeat Skarlet before she becomes much more powerful!" Raiden said slamming his fist on the ground with the thunder clouds reacting to his anger.

As he foresaw a vision of Skarlet holding the Amulet in which he has hold of and attempts to use it to revive the dragon king Onaga's undefeatable Army. Having the army under her control and command to lay waste to all the elemental nations.

She's not just here to recruit allies... But to take the Amulet from him! He can't allow her to use it. She has to be stopped! If Earthrealm's heroes can not stop her then it falls to him to fight her himself in Mortal Kombat.

He vanished in lighting to gather Earthrealm's heroes and convince them to fight Skarlet.

Fujin could only shake his head. He already knows the Elder gods will not be happy about this. He could only pray that Earthrealm's Heroes don't try to listen to Raiden and throw away their own lives against a Scorned Blood Heiress. He will have to intervene should it come to that and save their lives from Skarlet's wrath.

To be continued.