Chapter 6 : The Empire's Higher Ups

3rd POV

In an army camp, not too far from the rhine front, multiple soldiers can be seen running around carrying out orders, executing said orders and planning or preparing for attacks. There is one thing about the camp that would put off our protagonist all the way back in Verdun. In the middle of the camp stands a dark red flag with a two-headed black dragon in the middle, along with the soldiers wearing dark green uniforms. A camp full of soldiers from the Empire. In a tent near the center of the camp a couple people can be seen looking over a map while another looks through paperwork. The first looking over the map was the tallest of the three, aswell as being the only male. His appearance consists mainly of smooth black hair and black eyes, aswell as the aforementioned height. This is Matheus Johan Weiss.

Weiss : As predicted, our assault hasn't changed the lines whatsoever and nothing but heavy casualties, just like our other assault a few years back.

The next person standing next to Weiss was a female of a height in the middle of Weiss and the other female looking over the paperwork. Having deep blue eyes and light brown hair that cascades down her back. This is Viktoriya Ivanovna Serebryakov. Viktoriya looks up to Weiss with an unchanged expression.

Viktoriya : Perhaps we could target Republic artillery units, what do you think we should do major?

Both Viktoriya and Weiss turn to the petite girl looking at the paperwork. The "major" had bright blue eyes along with scruffy blonde hair with a small ponytail. This is Tanya von Degurechaff, also know as "The Devil of the Rhine". Said devil looks up from the paperwork in her hands and looks at the two with a bored expression. She places the papers down and walks over to the map and looks at it herself.

Tanya : Do we know their numbers?

Viktoriya : I presume it's similar to every other front.

Tanya : Rate of their casualties?

Weiss : No, we have no information on that subject.

Tanya : Then there's no point.

Tanya walks back to her desk, but is interrupted by someone calling for her at the entrance of her tent. She turns around, clearly pissed off, and sees an anxious soldier waiting for her attention.

Tanya : What is it?

Soldier : You've been called for by the strategic commanders, apparently it's about a mission that they want you and your unit to complete and want to tell you personally. That is all I have been told.

Tanya : Understood, I'll be with you in a moment.

The soldier salutes and waits outside the tent to escort Tanya to her transport. Tanya however begins speculating on what this "mission" could be if it wasn't just sent to her in writing. Must be classified.

Tanya : While I'm gone, Weiss will be in charge. Viktoriya, I want you to stay here and continue the planning and have something for me when I get back.

They both salute and confirm themselves before Tanya gathers things she deems important for an order such as the one she has just been issued. She finishes and leaves the tent and follows the soldier to a train where she boards alone and the soldier returns to the camp. Tanya continues to ponder about her situation, aswell as her past life as she was killed by the train that also killed (Y/N) and was reincarnated by Being X. Of course, she doesn't know that (Y/N) is the name of the boy that was killed alongside her. She eventually reaches Berun, the capital of the Empire and the location where the strategic commanders reside and where the meeting shall be held. She reaches the HQ and makes her way inside the meeting room where she sees three people. The first was smoking a cigar while looking out the window, this is Kurt von Rudersdorf.