-36- Kagami's Instinct

Kagami turns slightly and glances at 'Adrien' sitting by himself in the last row. Gabriel and her mother talk about their plans to Japan and she clears her throat. "Mother, I'm going to sit next to Adrien."

"That's fine, Kagami," Her mother answers. "Perhaps you could use this time to talk about pursing a relationship with that boy. His influence would improve your behavior."

If Mr. Agreste weren't sitting across from her, Kagami would have rolled her eyes. Adrien is in love with Marinette, anyway. "Yes, Mother." She stands up and walks down the aisle, taking the empty seat beside 'Adrien'. She doesn't make eye contact as she whispers, "I know you're not Adrien. Why are you pretending to be him, Felix?"

Felix stares out the window with a smirk. "My cousin was right about you. You're smart and clever, too. What gave the great detective away?"

Kagami sighs. "I know Adrien very well, and you are not him. That, and you didn't bow when greeting my mother. Adrien never forgets his manners."

"That boy sure is perfect, isn't he?"

"Now I'm asking again: why did you two switch places?"

Felix glances at his uncle, then Kagami, and back out the window. "Adrien and his girlfriend, Marinette, suspect my uncle is Hawk Moth. They want to snoop around his office without his presence being a threat."

Kagami's eyes slightly widen before she retorts back to her unexpressive face. She suddenly didn't feel safe in this plane anymore. "Have they found any proof?"

He checks his phone, reading a new text from Adrien. "Yes, they found Hawk Moth's lair... in the basement underneath the Agreste mansion."

She sneaks a look at Mr. Agreste before turning to Felix. "Then Adrien isn't safe anymore."

"As long as we're gone and my uncle doesn't find out what they're up to, Adrien and Marinette will be safe. We just have to maintain our appearances and don't slip up, Kagami."

Kagami straightens her shoulders. "I can do that... Adrien." She stares at the back of her mother's head, watching as Mr. Agreste gets an alert on his phone and excuses himself with his assistant, Nathalie. "I have no problem fighting if it comes to that."

Felix grins. "Neither do I."

Gabriel grabs Nathalie's arm and drags her to the bathroom near the back of the plane. They step in and stand close in contact. Nathalie's cheeks burn with a blush, but her oblivious boss doesn't notice. As always. "What's wrong, sir?"

"Adrien and his classmate have discovered my lair, Nathalie!" Gabriel whisper-shouts, showing her the live footage of the two teens. "I don't know how that's possible when my son is on this plane with us."

She frowns. "Are you sure that's Adrien out there, sir?"

Gabriel's eyes widen and he punches the wall. "I am tired of my son and nephew's annoying switch-and-bait games! They were tiring when they were children and they're just as tiring now."

"What are you going to do, sir?

"I... I don't know." He rests a finger on his chin, thinking. "We're almost out of Paris now. I can't turn the plane around without raising suspicions."

She raises her tablet and starts typing something. "I can have another plane meet us, sir, and you can discreetly make your exit."

Gabriel shakes his head. "But the brand, Nathalie. I have to be in Japan to help promote this."

Nathalie opens her blazer and reveals the peacock miraculous. "What if you can be in two places at once, sir?"

Gabriel nods with a wicked grin and leans in closer to Nathalie. "Yes... yes! I knew I could count on you, Nathalie!"

There's slight turbulence as the plane shakes and pushes the two adults closer together. Nathalie falls against Gabriel as he catches her and their lips are close, but not enough. Both of their cheeks darken. "Sorry," They whisper.

He clears his throat and straightens. "Transform Nathalie. It's time."

Nathalie takes off her glasses. "Duusu, spread my fathers." The bathroom flashes a blue glow as she transforms into Mayura. "What are you going to do when you confront Adrien and his classmate, sir? They know the truth now."

Gabriel sighs. "I know, that's the problem. I'll have to come up with a plan to keep them silent for now... or for good."