forty three

Sold? And that too to the Chinese?

How the hell did they blame that on us? Or direct that on us?  We would never sell our babygirl. Hell, we didn't even let our eyes leave her for a bare minute. That day was my worst fucking mistake, but sold?

"I didn't s-sell her." The word felt her impure when I referred to her. Astrea is my princess. She is the crown on my head, one that I would never let take a fall. 

"We know you didn't sell her." Rafael's voice came out cold yet demanding, "Then who the fuck sold her?!" I know that something's there between Astrea and the Russians, but his question when directed to me, made me realise that I've failed as a father. 

"How do blame us to be the ones behind this?" Sarah agitatedly asked. Her cold mask slipped when a lone tear escaped her eyes, "Why would we sell our life?" Her voice broke in the middle. Her eyes cast down and she breathed out, "That night, there was an attack in front of the house. the chief and chieftess of the security, James and his wife Durga, they tried to control the attack but unfortunately they died when two poisoned bullets hit their chests. I don't know where Tia was at that time. But probably she had heard the bullets when she bolted out of the house. She was just as brave back then." She chuckled at the bittersweet memory. 

"When we our her scream, we all rushed to check up on her. But, as soon as we reached out, she was missing. There was no sight of her. Just blood and bodies on the ground. Breathlessly, Durga somehow let us know that Tia was gone. Just then, she gave up. It was the last day we saw her." Dad continued with a sigh. I could see the depth of sadness in is eyes. I know he blames himself for her kidnapping. But, if it was anyone's fault, it was mine. I failed. 

"But, a few years later, we received a letter saying that she was fine." Roberto started. "We tried to investigate further about the letter, but we reached a dead end."

"It wasn't until two months ago when we got to know that she was taken by the Chinese. Until then, we didn't even know who kidnapped her." I completed. 

"But she was not kidnapped, she was sold." Armani clenched his jaw at Ivan's words. Ivan's eyes held hatred, rage and fury. But, I couldn't tell if it was for us or not. But somewhere deep in my heart, I know even if we didn't s-give her away, their love for her is immense. 

"If she was sold, we will find who did that. They will pay the price." Azrael spoke coldly, an edge of warning and promise to his words. Why was he even concerned about her? Who is he to her?

"I assure you, we never sold her, son." Mom's eyes pleaded with Maxim's. My heart broke at her words. Did he believe we sold her? Did he?

"I know you would never sell her." His words helped me release a small breath I never knew I was holding. "But now, we need to find her together." 

"Her?" We all questioned together. Tia released a breath. "Yes, her." She admitted, closing her eyes. 

"Start from the beginning." I clenched my jaw. She nodded and begun her story. 

"I don't remember anything before the day I met Azrael. We were put in the same cell. For days, we were beaten, with whips, belts, hit with burning rods and even our skin was sewn into with thick needles." She released a wavering breath. I didn't want her to relive those memories. Before I could say anything, Maxim passed me a look. His eyes asked me to let her continue, and I did just that.  I felt horrible just thinking about that. 

"Deep breath, Rosie." Azrael soothingly rubbed her back. My eye twitched at his gesture but I remained quiet. 

"We were fed with one stale bread a day and asked to torture everyone in their dungeons. But, every other day, when he would come to whip Azrael, he would dial a number and put it on speaker for us to hear. It was a lady. Someone whose voice I don't remember anymore. But, I remember her harsh words, her cold laugh, her menacing hiss. I remember how she told me I was worth nothing and how I had doomed her life. Those words still pierce through my ears." She paused and fisted her hands. Rafael noticed and held her hands in his, opening her fists. 

"T-That d-day A almost died." She breathed out and began explaining about the bomb blast in the building. "We were set free. We finally had a chance to breathe without asking for permission." 

My hands balled into fists and my brain flooded with scenarios I could imagine my little daughter going through.

"I didn't deserve any of that. We didn't deserve anything we went through. He didn't deserve this." Her voice icily pierced through my ears. 

"Can I get some water, papa?" She whispered. I quickly stood up and rushed to get her some water, only to realise, it wasn't me whom she asked. 

My hands shook as I placed the glass in front of her. She didn't ask me. She calls him papa, not me. 

"Thank you." She whispered to me. I nodded and sat down. 

"About an year later, after we were already involved with the underground, I met papa." 

She smiled at the memory. 

"They became my family, a word I had always longed to call my own." She smiled through her words. "They became my heart, my life. I met Helena and Stavros and soon eased with Owen and Pierce, A's brothers." She slightly leaned into Rafael next to her.

"Later, I met Santi, and the Spanish. They made me realise, I have not one, not two, but three families." 

"Not three, four families." Maxim squeezed her shoulder, looking at her with eyes full of love. His eyes found mine and a silent smile directed towards me. 

"I trust you." She smiled with watery eyes, yet controlling her tears. I know, no matter how icy you are, your weakness will always have you melt into water. Mine is my family. 

"I trust you, dad." She smiled at me. She doesn't call me dad. Not me. I wish she would. 

"I trust you, dad." She repeated again. 

My breath froze. She didn't say 'papa'. She said, 'dad'. 

Hey loves!

Hey loves!

How are you?

So, I am packed up these days. Although, I may not be able to update more than once a week, I will still post messages on my feed. So, if you are ready to be a friend, you can respond there. I will be very busy this year, but I want to interact with you all. so, if you want the notifications, then you can follow me. <3

I love you all very much!

Thank you so much for so many reads!!

I never believed we could reach here!!

Follow me on instagram- nyaa.p.20

~Nya