Chapter 3 - A Close Call

I slowly began to wake up, my whole body would begin to hurt.

Alex: "Agh . . What the hell . . I feel so sore . ."

I finally would take a look around to see where I was.

Alex: "H-Huh?"

I slowly lift half my body off the bed.

Alex: "Am . . I home? What the hell happened . ."

I slowly get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I turn on the light and look at myself. There was nothing unusual.

Alex: "Maybe it was a dream . . ?"

I turn the light off and walk back to my bedroom. I was going to grab my phone and see it was cracked.

Alex: "Wait . . My phone wasn't cracked before . . So it wasn't a dream! But . . How am I here?"

I look around in my room, seeing nothing unusual. I then grab my phone to see if was plugged into the charger and check the time.

Alex: "6pm? I've been out cold all day . . But I can't just ignore the fact on what happened . ."

I sigh as I put my phone in my pocket.

Alex: "I should check to see if my car is even here."

I walk downstairs, putting on a jacket and walk over to the door to the garage. I open it and walk in . . To see my car in perfect shape sitting next to my bike.

Alex: "Ok so they we're able to fix my car but not my phone? What a great service they gave me."

I sigh.

Alex: "Jokes aside . . I can't even go to the police about this. They wouldn't even remotely believe me."

I walk over to my car and look at it.

Alex: "But this confirms that was no dream I experienced . . Jesus Christ . . I hope to god that whoever was hunting me doesn't know where I live . ."

But I began to think for a moment.

Alex: "If they don't know where I live then how did I get here . . ? I say the most dumbest stuff ever . ."

I then take another look at my phone because I was going to look for something but I then see a bunch of messages and calls from Frank finally.

Alex: "Oh shit . ."

I dial his number and began to call him. It picked up immediately.

Frank: "Alex? Where the hell have you been!"

Alex: "Sorry . . I forgotten to call you when I gotten home safe . ."

Frank: "Jesus man you scared the hell out of me. I even knocked on your door several times this morning man."

Alex: "I was . . Out cold. I think I was just hallucinating last night from lack of sleep."

Frank would sigh on the other end.

Frank: "Alright . . Good thing you called too. We touched down in California not too long ago so we can transfer flights and I was getting worried. Stay safe man. And don't go back there."

Alex: "Y-Yea . . Don't need to tell me twice."

Frank: "I'll call you when I'm in Hawaii. Cheer's, mate."

Alex: "So long British bastard."

I can hear him laugh for a couple seconds and he would end the call.

Alex: "I need to know what even the fuck happened . ."

I then get a text from Frank.

Frank: "FYI. Some guy from school texted me earlier and he asked me for you. No idea why. He said he wanted you to come to a campfire or 'camping' trip (sort of) to get to know people. I'd watch out if I we're you. These are people from our school we're talking about. I'll hand you his number."