Volume I. A Supposed Thief.

Of all things trauma takes away from us, the worst is our willingness, or even our ability, to be vulnerable

the worst is our willingness, or even our ability,
to be vulnerable.

Brené Brown, Rising Strong.

The Olympians knew that she and her two lovers were the ones who had to set Fate straight, but there the Big Three were, throwing temper tantrums and blaming each other for impossible things

The Olympians knew that she and her two lovers were the ones who had to set Fate straight, but there the Big Three were, throwing temper tantrums and blaming each other for impossible things. Should anything happen to Percy or Annabeth, Colette would let her rage loose — a force to be reckoned with. The gods knew just how volatile Apollo could get when he lost his lovers and they would see the same thing happen with Colette Victoire; They would see just how similar the father and daughter really were should they continue meddling. The same would go for the son of Poseidon and daughter of Athena once they find out about the Prophecy and if something were to happen to their ray of light. The gods should've known better.

               Percy quietly and subtly noticed that Colette had zoned back into the conversation when Chiron continued the spiel for the first quest. "Normally, you would only have two companions, but it seems the Oracle has declared three. Grover is one and Colette is two. The other has already volunteered, if you will accept her help."

               "Gee," the boy drawled, feigning surprise. "Who else would be stupid enough to volunteer fo' a quest like this?" The air shimmered behind Chiron and next to Colette who shot him a shortly scorching glare, his words irritating her.

               "Don't call her, stupid, Perce." She murmured, still lost in her head.

               Annabeth became visible, stuffing her Yankees cap into her back pocket. "I've been waiting a long time for a quest, Seaweed Brain," she teased him half-heartedly. "Athena is no fan of Poseidon, but she has no problems with Apollo," she shot her best friend a warm smile at that. "If you're going to save the world, Lettie and I are the best people to keep you from messing up."

               "If you say so ya'self," Percy shot back. "I suppose you have a plan, Wise Girl?"

               Her nose tinted slightly and Colette bit back a smile at their interaction. "Do you want my help or not?" The brunette demanded.

               The truth was, he did. He needed all the help he could get. "A quartet," he agreed shortly. "That'll work." Annabeth hugged her best friend tightly, obviously overjoyed and he smiled softly behind their backs. His chest grew warm at the sight of them so happy by something he did.

The Lightning Thief
Vol I / 2022, Icarus