XIX. Prophecies Could be Honest.

Chapter Nineteen:
Prophecies Could be Honest.
See the way you hold yourself. Reel against your body's borders; I know that you hate this place. Not a trace of me would argue !

The first demigods to return alive to Half-Blood Hill since Luke, they murmured in awe.

Everyone watched as the son of the seas and the daughter of the sun walked past the border, nearly collapsing on each other in relief. The two knew of the eyes on them, but ignored it all the same. The only thing that mattered was that they were alive and well, banged up and dirty, but alive nonetheless. Immediately, campers were pushing Grover and Annabeth toward them. The quartet was given the treatment of celebrities by everyone around them, but only one of them was used to that kind of treatment. Colette Victoire had always been placed on a pedestal amongst the campers, and for good reason. She was always the kindest person, the loveliest — she was befriended by most and, those who could barely speak to her, made others do it in hopes of allying for the next Capture the Flag game.

The second Chiron arrived amongst the campers, he wanted to rush the ceremony, but the idea made Colette upset. She was already extremely worked up after her breakdown at Percy's apartment complex. She and Percy had just gotten back from Olympus and the centaur wanted to get the Shroud Ceremony and traditional bonfire out of the way.

"With all due respect, sir," Colette finally spoke, making the crowd fall quiet; Everyone always wanted to hear what she had to say. "We just got back from our quest — from Olympus, for that matter. The last time we showered was in Vegas, and we're both still wounded. We can do all of that tomorrow, given that the day is almost over." As soon as she finished speaking, there was a shout of her nickname.

              "As you wish, my dear," Chiron nodded respectfully, realizing how insensitive he was being toward the children.

"Sunny!" The sound of three voices yelled again, pushing past the crowd. Instantly, Colette was bear hugged by her three brothers.

"Oh, thank the gods, you're okay," Austin breathed out in relief. The other two took it upon themselves to check for any obvious open wounds. She smiled at them, grateful that they cared about her wellbeing.

"Get out the way, stupid!" A younger voice snapped from farther away. Her voice was followed by a series of grunts, curses, winces, and offended squeaks from people. "I told you to move!" She huffed. Finally realizing who it was, the boys unlatched themselves from Colette, whose eyes softened at the sight of her younger sister. "Sunny?" Kayla Knowles whispered out as she stood a few feet in front of her, eyes rounding and welling with tears.

"Hi, baby," Colette whispered back.

"You're ... you're back?"

"I'm back," Colette smiled. That was all it took for Kayla to sprint forward. Colette immediately crouched, opening her arms to catch her younger sister, giving the girl a quick spin in her arms, and cradling her the way Apollo had once done to her. "I'm okay, honey." She assured the younger girl, rubbing her back, and nearly crying herself when she felt Kayla's tear drops soak the skin of her neck.

"I just," Kayla sobbed, a hiccup interrupting her words. "When Annabeth and Grover came back first, I didn't—I didn't know what to think. I thought," she gasped through a choked cry. "I thought we lost you."