forty nine

Tate
A day later

Thankfully, Luke did get the clot out and I was beyond relieved.

I was currently trying to take a bath while Luke watched Lily and Thomas, but I knew this was a fail when Lily was suddenly sitting in the bathroom with me, talking to me.

"Big bandaid" I heard her say, but I didn't question it, I kept my eyes closed listened to the music I had played.

Soon I heard a small "oh God" from Luke, which caught my attention and I immediately saw Lily covered in the pads I had been having to use, smiling proudly as she stuck one to the wall.

"Bandaid." She nodded firmly.

I looked to Luke, who was holding a fussy Thomas on his bare chest, a smug grin on his lips.

"I don't even know what to say." I mumbled to Luke, making him smile wider.

"I think it's appropriate to just laugh in this situation."

So that's what we did.

I soon got out and changed, going outside to spend time with Lily and Luke, who were playing hide and seek.

Soon all the guys came over, taking turns passing around Thomas.

"Okay- okay, times up." Calum spoke to Ashton, who immediately became defensive.

"I've only had him for about five minutes-" "well he's named after me, so I get holding privileges anytime I want." I laughed as they argued, seeing ashton roll his eyes, but carefully hand him over.

I watched with a smile as Luke, Michael and Lily all chased Ashton.

"Living the life, aren't we?" Calum smiled towards Thomas, making me smile.

"We are." I agreed with him.

Soon Calum handed Thomas back to me, joining the guys in teaching Lily some kind of tiktok dance.

I laid him on my legs, watching his curious blue eyes look around as I rubbed his face and chest.

"You are the most precious little boy I have ever seen." I hummed to him, hearing him blow a raspberry with his lips.

I let him hold my fingers in his little hands, immediately trying to pull them into his mouth, which just made me give him a pacifier.

His eyes continued to look to me, which made me wonder, what's he thinking?

Soon I saw Luke's sweaty body approaching, kissing my head before looking to him as well.

"Looking at your pretty mum, huh?" He spoke, Thomas' eyes never left me.

"Someone's going to be a mommy's boy." I sang out, hearing Luke laugh.

"I'll let you have that title for now." He spoke back to me, kissing me gently.

I soon brought him inside, fearing that outside was getting too hot.

I held him as I stood, swaying lightly, noticing he was getting fussy.

I tried to bottle feed him, hoping I'd be able to move him to bottles soon so I don't have to breastfeed in public, but I hadn't been successful.

I moved to his nursery, sitting in a rocking chair as I fed him, rocking gently.

Soon he was asleep, which made me set him in his crib, making sure his camera was on so that we could see him before I left the room quietly.

I looked out the patio door, seeing Luke holding Lily, kissing her cheek as she screamed loudly- laughing and reaching for Michael.

This is the life I've always wanted