5.

Sakshi's POV

I was shocked for a second.

Did he really ask me to be his date? For an event? In front of thousands of people?

"Date? Business meet?"

He hummed and I asked.

"Don't you think it would be highly inappropriate to take your grandmother's doctor as your date? I think you should take your actual girlfriend Mr. Juneja."

I teased him silently wishing he would deny having a girlfriend.

"You are right. Its inappropriate to ask my grandmother's doctor."

He said making my smile fall.

"But I think I could ask my friend. So Sakshi? Will be accompany me as my date?"

The smile came back with full force.

"Ofcourse Samar."

I grinned and he chuckled.

I went home and told my parents about the event and Samar's proposal. Mumma was so excited. Did I tell you guys she has been shipping me and him since the beginning.

Papa was a different story altogether. He looked doubtful and suspicious of something.

The next day I decided that I would go shopping after taking a half day but in noon Samar sent a parcel for me.

It was a beautiful satin dress with a side slit and thin straps. The back design was the best part. It was criss-cross of strings.

I received Samar's call.

"Hi. Got the dress? Did you like it?"

"Yes. Its beautiful. Lekin iski zarurat nhi thi."

"I wanted to."

I just smiled and thanked him.

I kept the dress in the box and kept it carefully.

Saturday came earlier than expected.

I took an off and went to the parlor to pamper myself.

I reached home in the noon and slept for some time.

At around 5, I started getting ready.

I slipped into my dress and curled my hair. Pinning them to one side, I slid them in front on my left side. I then sat to do my makeup.

By 7, I was ready.

I heard the doorbell ring. Samar was here. I quickly wore my jewellery and slipped on my heels. Putting my stuff in the clutch I was about to move out when mumma came in.

"He looks so handsome! And you look gorgeous. Tell him your feelings today."

She gushed out and I rolled my eyes.

"Mumma! I am not doing any such thing. He is taking me as a friend."

I said and kissed her cheek. 

"Jaa rhi hu mai. Bye."

I said and went out.

I saw Samar standing with papa. He looked at me and stood there dazed.

A blush formed on my face and I lowered my eyes.

I greeted him and he greeted me back still in daze.

"Ahem! Beta. I think aap logo ko jaana chahiye. Late ho jaayega."

Papa said and he broke out of his reverie. He looked flushed and embarassed.

Samar's POV

She looks so beautiful. The dress hugs her body like a glove. How am I going to take my eyes off her. And how am I going to protect her from the eyes on her.

We are on the way to the event. I smile remembering the conversation I had with her father some time back.

Her mother went in her room to call her. Uncle called me aside.

"What intentions do you have towards my daughter?"

The way he asked I knew there was no use of denying it by playing dumb.

"My feelings for her are very pure Uncle. I love her. And I am going to tell her once I am sure about how she feels for me. But ek baat I promise I am never going to force her for anything."

I confessed honestly. He assessed me for some time and then finally cracked a small smile.

"You have my blessings. But, make her cry once and I break all the bones in your body."

He threatened smiling and I almost gulped.

I am happy that he is ok with me pursuing Sakshi. I know how much her parents mean to her. And I would never want to do anything she doesn't like.

We reached the event. As soon as we stepped out the paparazzi surrounded us.

They snapped our pictures and asked about who Sakshi was to me.

I decided to ignore them and went inside with my arm around Sakshi's waist.

I leaned towards her ear and whispered.

"Stay near me. Kisi stranger ke saath kahi mat jaana. Looks are deceptive here."

She nodded and snuggled into my side a little more.

I met many of my business partners and fellow businessmen. I introduced Sakshi keeping an arm around her waist delivering the message loud and clear.

It was time for the speeches.

My turn came and I went to the stage.

All during the speech Sakshi's attention was on me and somehow it made me feel fucking special.

As I finished she was the one who clapped the loudest and was the most excited.

"You were so good there."

She said as soon as I took my seat back.

I bowed dramatically and she giggled. I smiled seeing her.

After the speeches were over we sat down for dinner.

We were sitting on a round table with other business men. I was talking to them while Sakshi busied herself in her food.

Such a foodie she is. I smiled and gave back my attention to the businessmen. 

After our dinner we were sitting together with Sakshi now leaning on me looking tired.

"Ghar chale?"

"Nhi I am fine. Don't cut short because of me. Aapko yaha se bhut saare contacts milenge."

She said with a smile. It was an involuntary action but I leaned in and kissed the side of her head.

She looked shocked for a second and then lowered her eyes. Is she blushing? Fuck yeah she is! God! I look this look on her face.

Our moment was disturbed by the announcement of the host.

"Come on gentlemen. Now is the time for a dance. So grab your partners and get on the dance floor."

Everyone slowly started getting up. I turned to Sakshi and forwarded my hand to her.

"May I have a dance with my beautiful date?"

She giggled at my cheesy line and gave her hand in mine.

Her hand was so small compared to mine and it felt perfect in my hands. Intertwining our fingers I pulled her to the dance floor. Our fingers fit each other like puzzle pieces.

I wish I knew what she feels for me because I am unable to contain my feelings now.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️