Ch-6

We came to a nearby cafe to discuss the details of our deal

We came to a nearby cafe to discuss the details of our deal. Also, her mood seemed to dampen once she entered the car her face went gloomy when she is so cheerful all the time. Her smile was set in a frown ... Maybe I was overthinking, she was just depressed about the situation.

Why does it matter?

It shouldn't.

But we're here in the cafe.

"So... Do we still keep it for one month? " she asks slurping her cappuccino.

"Do you want to extend it? "

"it depends... If Jace stops then we stop after a while. If everything is over in a month then so be it. "

" Ok . "

" Now coming to the rules of this agreement. First, you gotta pick me up every day to school. Second, walking me to at least the first period. Third, ... Eh I don't think this is important just do the stuff normal couples do. "

"ok, Done. "

"Again we need a date for getting to know some basic stuff about each other so... When? "

How does she know exactly what's needed for fake dating?

That's kinda creepy ... I mean has she fake dated before or something?

"Saturday I guess. There is a party that day "

"Party? But... " She zones out at that.

"Stella?" Is that the first time I'm saying her name? Cause it feels like that.

That name sounds good when I say it.

Ok, what was that?

She blinks her eyes and looks back at me. "Yeah ok... But we come back early."

"Early? "

"Ten." Ten!!?

"Eleven? "

"Ten thirty it is then."

I sigh ."Fine."

" Ok then. Let's call it a day. " She gets up. "See ya tomorrow. Bye! " She starts walking towards the exit. That was quick.

"Wait! I'll drive you. " what? chivalry is not dead.

I catch up to her in no time. She's a slow walker.

" No no, it's ok I can walk-"

"you're coming with me. Or do you want me to try other ways?" I leave no room for argument.

As I start the engine her knee starts bouncing and she starts mumbling to herself.

"what's wrong? " I ask.

"Nothing," she replies way too fast. A few moments pass between us before she sits up straight.

I chuckle, "yeah"

"Also what about our back story?- " her face starts becoming pale.

" hey, Are you ok?" I glance at her out of the corner of my eyes.

"-nevermind I can come up with something." she continues without answering me. " Maybe I was your tutor. "

"I'm not bad at studies and my mother would know if I was being tutored. Stella, you need to stop. Why are you so tensed? Relax. What is it?" Her face looks paler than before now.

I stop in front of our houses. And she literally jumps out of the car. Does she hate this car or what?

Nonetheless, I walk out worried about her. I rub her back as she pants for air. "Are you ok? " I ask concerned about her.

"Yeah.. I'll be fine. I'll see ya tomorrow, yeah?"

"Are you sure? "

"I'll not see you tomorrow?"

"Huh? Of course, you'll see me ."

"Then why'd you ask if I'm sure? "

I mentally face palm myself. How is she even a topper? "I was asking if you'll be fine. " I smile and shake my head and she burst out laughing.

What was so funny about that? Probably laughing at her stupidity. She may be the first person I met who laughs at herself.

I look at her with amusement. You could smile all day with this girl.

Her eyes light up and crinkle at the ends. Her smile is so bright and... Big. And did I say about her eyes? They are so big and doe-like and chocolaty brown. I've never seen so beautiful eyes before. Her lashes are naturally so long , I'm pretty sure she doesn't use false lashes. I bet any guy could easily fall for her.

Maybe even Jace regretted leaving her.

I feel something weird in my chest.

"I already feel better," she says pulling me out of my stance and giving me a wide smile showing all her teeth. Slightly breathless for laughing that much, she places her hand on her stomach. I smile back at her.

Suddenly, she sucks her cheeks in and puts both her hands on them . "my cheeks hurt" she mumbles.

"That's what you get for laughing so much ." I chuckle at her.

She smiles back again.

Does she even stop smiling?

She is probably the most cheerful person I've met. Even more than my mother.

Suddenly, her eyes become wide with realisation. " Shit! I gotta go. Bye!! " she runs to her house leaving me behind.

She probably has to do some homework or read for tests.

Anyways it doesn't matter.

Shit! I gotta do my homework too.

----
Hello lovely peoples! Long time no see! Yeah ik.

But here is an update, hope y'all liked it.

Gimme some feedback, my notifications are becoming silent

Also, you can check out this short poem that I wrote for friendship day. I want to apply for a contest but I need some response before that.

So.. Thank you!

With love,
Omlet