Let Fate Decide: Remus X Reader

Your information-

House: Gryffindor

Blood status: Pureblood

Happens: During and After Hogwarts/ No Voldy

Warnings: Slight cursing, Crying 

Posted on: 07/28/2022

'Arranged marriages. You'd think they would be a thing of the past and are supposed to be. In the muggle world, they've been illegal for ages but in the wizarding world, they just recently became banned as the pureblood families have been marrying children to their cousins. Of course, that doesn't stop parents from setting their kids up and making them marry people they don't want to. They just don't call it arranged anymore to get around the system. That brings us to my situation.

Hello, my name is Y/n L/n and my parents are trying to marry me off to no other than Lucius Malfoy. Now I wouldn't be so against this if he wasn't such a bully to me and my friends, and if we both didn't have significant others already. You see Lucius is in a long-term relationship with Narcissa Black since the Second Year and I've been with Remus Lupin even longer, us getting together three months into First Year. Everyone said we wouldn't make it but here we are Half way into Sixth Year and still going strong. Anyways that's beside the point, The point is I'm happy with Rem and now I'm getting my fate chosen for me all because I'm a stupid pureblood. I honestly thought my parents would've disowned me the second I got into Gryffindor but that didn't happen, I kinda wish it did now. The only other problem is I can't tell anyone, between my parents, his parents, and Lucius himself, it was decided we tell no one until school ended and the wedding is held. So I've been writing everything into this book to help me vent.  Maybe ill give it to Rem on graduation and he can get me out of this mess...'

I close the book and hold back the tears that are forming. I stand up from my desk and place the book far back into the drawer of my desk and close it. I head out into the common room, putting a smile on my face. I see most of the marauders all sitting in front of the fireplace with a few others, probably playing a game. I walk to the back of the couch where Remus is sitting and reading a book. I wrap my arms around him and hide my face in the crook of his neck. I feel him lean his head against me and stroke my hair with his hand.

"Hi love how are you?" Remus asks and I just bury my face further into his neck.

"Cuddly are we? Well come here then" He says and I let go and walk around the couch sitting beside him. He wraps his arms around me pulling me onto his lap. I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes feeling calm again. I wrap my arms around his torso and just stay like that. Remus chuckles and grabs his book he put it down and starts to read agian. After a while, I start to drift away into sleep. The last thing I hear is Rem say I love you.

"Will you guys quiet down a bit, Y/n fell asleep and I don't want her to wake up. She hasn't been sleeping well these past weeks." I hear Rem say as I start to wake up a bit.

"Shit sorry moony why hasn't she been sleeping well?" I hear James ask.

"I can't,  it's personal and quite frankly she doesn't know I know." I hear Remus respond and I freeze my mind racing. How does he know? When? Why?

"You can trust us Moony we won't tell anyone we promise," Sirius says

"It's not my place to tell boys," Remus says quietly but sternly.

I hear nothing, so they must have nodded. I then hear footsteps walk away. That's when I decide to say something. I open my eyes and look at Remus who is looking down at me. He smiles at me and I smile weakly at him.

"What's wrong?" Remus asks and I sit up holding back tears.

"How much do you know? How did you find out? When did you find out?" I ask looking at him scared.

"Hey, it's okay I'm not upset, I found out from Lucius He told me to try and make me jealous one day, I think it was about a month ago, all he said was 'You may be her prince but I'm the king she will end up with in the end,' Then he smirked and walked away. I didn't believe him at first but then I went to Narcissa and she confirmed it said Lucius accidentally slipped up and had to tell her on one of their dates. I promise I will get you out of this," Remus says now wiping tears from my face.

"I'm scared Rem," I say and Remus nods.

"I know, I am too," Remus says hugging me.

Soon the rest of school passed and on the last day of school I hand Remus the book.

"Read this when you get home, and promise me you'll save the maiden," I say

Remus nods and kisses my forehead. "I promise," Remus says and we go our separate ways.

***

I walk into my house and am instantly thrown into wedding planning. I'm miserable through it all. But in the end, the wedding is ready and everything is set up. It's been a year since school ended and now I'm standing in a church waiting to be married off hoping a letter i sent a week ago got to Remus or one of the Maurader and they are on their way to save me. Heck even if it got to Narcissa I'd be happy because she would come to save Lucius and I'd be saved in the process. I take a deep breath as we finish up the last bit of makeup and hair. Once that's done The music starts and the doors open. I take a deep breath and walk down the aisle. I end up at the end and stand Next to Lucius. The wedding goes on and I get increasingly more nervous as the time goes on. Then the line gets said, 'Should anyone present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace,' Its silent for a few seconds then the doors burst open and everyone looks over to see no other then Narcissa Black and Remus Lupin. I smile wide and Lucius looks at me like I'm an angel in disguise.

"We Object," They both say together and the adults gasp and our previous classmates laugh like they knew it was coming. "They can't get married when they don't love each other, and they especially can't get married when it was set up by their parents and not decided by them," Narcissa says and more people look shocked. Suddenly the minister of magic stands up amongst the crowd.

"You two is this truly what happened? Did your parents set you up?" The minister asks We nod rapidly and he scoffs. "Very well then this wedding is off you two are free to go although I do need to speak with your parents," He says and Lucius and I run to our lovers.

"You made it, Just in time too," I say once in Remus' arms.

"Thank Narcissa, She's the one who got your letter," Remus says.

"Narcissa, Thank you," I say and she nods.

"Thank you for sending the letter to so many of us, knowing it had to reach at least one of us," Narcissa says and I nod.

Narcissa and Lucius go one way and Remus and I go another.

"I love you, so much," I say

"I love you too more than you know," Remus says.

FIN