You Don't Get To Choose: Regulus X Reader

Your information-

House: Gryffindor

Blood status: Muggleborn

Happens: During Hogwarts in  a no-war AU

Warnings: Walburga and Orion black mentioned

Posted on: 12/04/2022

I walk up the tower and sit staring up at the stars from the opening. I smile leaning back and closing my eyes. Listening to the sound of the crickets and other noise-making insects. I sigh and lay down, my back hitting the cold concrete. I keep my eyes closed and take a deep breath, I let it out and soon I hear footsteps ascending the stairs. I sit up and open my eyes fast. I look around and hide out of sight from whoever is coming up. They walk in and sit where I was sitting originally when I was looking at the stars by the opening. I examine the person and almost think it's Sirius Black until I see the green robes. I look at the person curiously. I walk out quietly and sit next to the person. I say nothing just look at the stars contently. 

"Hello," The boy says and I look over at him and smile.

"Hello," I say back.

"What's your name?" He asks and I look at him stunned and curious. "What do you not have a name?" He asks and I laugh quietly.

"I have one, it's just no one has ever asked me that, they just ignore me or call me the 'weird girl' usually," I respond truthfully.

"Well let me be the first," He says and I smile wide. 

"Y/n, Y/n L/n" I say. 

"Regulus Black nice to meet you Y/n," Regulus says and I smile wide then confusion laces my face that quickly turns to a scared expression. "Are you okay?" He asks and I nod. 

"You are related to Sirius Black right?" I ask and he nods. 

"That I am why?" Regulus asks and I shudder.

"He and his friends are popular and I guess I expected a sibling of one of them to be like them, especially when it comes to SIrius' personality. " I say and Regulus looks at me shocked.

 "Well, I am nothing like my brother or his friends," Regulus says. 

"Okay," I say and smile at him. He smiles back and we go back to looking at the stars.

Eventually, we get up and go inside the castle. 

"You know I meant to ask you, Why weren't you at dinner? I know why I wasn't but what brought you to the astronomy tower?" I ask Regulus, he sighs and turns to me. 

"I don't exactly like to talk to people and it's kinda expected when in the great hall. I nod and smile.

"I get that, I am the same way, to be honest," I say, and Regulus smiles. 

"Same place same time?" He asks and I nod. "Great it's a date," He says and walks away. I smile and hold in a squeal. I walk fast to my room and lay down on my bed sighing dreamily.

~

Years passed by and now Regulus and I are in our last year at Hogwarts. We've been friends ever since that day in the tower. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

"you've beaten me here," I say as I stand beside him by the railing. He looks at me and smiles. 

"I did, for a while I thought I missed you," He says chuckling and moving behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and laying his forehead on my shoulder. I smile softly and turn in his arms wrapping mine around his neck.