"The very beginning." (Shinsou)

𝟲 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗥

Shinsou's POV:

"That. Was so sad." Denki sobbed while wiping away flooding tears. Denki, Sero,and Shinsou had just finished watching Marley & Me.

"Dude, seriously?" Sero said while lifting an eyebrow and showing a side glance at the blonde. "You know that they didn't actually put down the ACTUAL dog..right?"

"But then how did they make it look so REALLL?" Kaminari sobbed again. This time scrunching himself into a little ball and rolling on the floor.

"The dog in real life is just fine Kaminari." Shinsou said with a huff. He picked up his phone. "I can tell why this movie only has 63% on rotten tomatoes." He said again looking back at the two boys. Shinsou had grown quite close to the Bakusquad since the first year. Sadly Kirishima and Bakugou had plans to go to a zoo and Mina had plans with Jirou, Momo and Uraraka to go to the mall. He was left to these two doofs.

"Why don't we go out to a cafe or something. It's only like 3 p.m."  Sero said while looking at his watch."Maybe a slice of Honey Toast at Fuglen would bring Kaminari here back to his senses." I snorted at this statement. "Let's do that before he writes another poem about exploding grandma's."

"HEY! My poetic genius is not to be meddled with!" Exclaimed Denki while seemly forgetting about the whole movie they had just watched.

"If it was so genius, why'd you get a zero on the assignment, AND an explosion to the face by Bakugou?" I added. I could see Sero covering his mouth as if to muffle a laugh.

It's fun doing this with people I could actually call friends. Ever since I was transferred to the hero course I've been warming up to more people. Now I had some really good friends. Of course I was NOT on Mina's level of socializing, or even Kirishima's, but I was DEFINITELY better than Bakugou.

We laughed and talked the whole walk to the cafe and when we got there, it was surprisingly full.

"For being the middle of the day there sure are a lot of propels here.." Kaminari said while scratching the back of his neck.

"We'll just have to wait a little longer than usual, it'll be fine." Sero said while walking is to the back of the line. We were talking about god knows what, and then, I saw him.

Neito Monoma.

The asshole no one wants to deal with, and a person that finds it funny to put other people down for their actions.

3rd person POV:

"Ugh, that bastard.." Shinsou mumbled while looking at the boy in disgust.

"Yeah, he's the worst." Kaminari said while doing the same. Shinsou jumped slightly. Denki in particular hated Monoma. He had known him for a long time apparently.

"Guys, it's our turn!" Sero exclaimed while taking both of us by the arm and swinging us to the front with him. After they had all ordered, they went to sit down at a, semi-clean table. "So you guys were talking about Monoma, right?" He nudged his head towards where he had been sitting with Kendo and TetsuTetsu.

"Oh yeah, just about how much of a jerk he is. Hey, did you hear what he called my hair marking thing!?" Denki said while raising his voice a little, gaining attention of some nearby people. "He called it an insu-"

"Insult to fashion, we know." Sero and Shinsou said in Unison. Shinsou had started to lean back into his chair. "You've told us about a billion times already. Get over it." Shinsou chuckled.

"Yeah, don't let him get to you. He seems to seek satisfaction from seeing our reactions." Sero said while leaning his head on him arm. "Why does he hate class A so much, it's not like we're better than him in any way." Shinsou was about to respond when the voice of the barista called out an order.

"Can I get a large French vanilla latte with cold foam, two pumps of caramel, caramel drip and Caramel crunch topping?!" Shinsou got up and went to grab the drink, when he felt another hand garb onto the same cup. He looked up and saw Monoma looking at him confused.

"This is... my drink?" Shinsou said while looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhm... no..no, this is my drink. It says so right here." He points to the side of the cup and laughs a little. Shinsou squints a little.

"Ah, sorry. Here." Shinsou handed Monoma the cup. He saw Monoma's cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"T-thank you. See ya at school huh?"

"Yeah, sure.."

The three's drinks were finally made and Shinsou valences all drinks in hand and walks back to the table.

"Yeah, he likes you." Sero said taking the drink out of Shinou's hands.

"Definitely. He definitely does." Kaminari said while doing the same.

"Well he's out of luck." Shinsou laughed loudly. "I'm straight." Sero and Denki looked at each other and shrugged.

"Alright then bro. Then you wouldn't mind taking a little bet, huh?" Sero said, moving closer to Shinsou.

"I don't know bro, it seems a little mean." Shinsou said while shuffling away.

"Aw come on bro... we'll pay you?" Denki said scooting closer to him. "How's 13,000 yen for ya?" Shinsou's eyes widened and quickly accepted the offer.

If only they knew what was to come...