CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21

"BABY?" Mabilis na nilingon ni Carisha ang binata na nakayakap sa baywang niya habang nanunuod sila ng movie.

"Hmm?"

"Would It be too much to ask if..."

Tinaasan niya ito ng kilay, "if?"

Ngumiwi ito na ikinunot nuo niya. "If... If... We do it-"

Suddenly, her phone vibrated. "Save you thoughts, i'll just answer this." She picked up the phone and answered it. It was her Mommy.

"Mommy-"

"In MC hospital main branch, 'nak. Faster." Putol sa kaniya ng kaniyang ina sa nagmamadaling boses.

Bigla ay kinabahan si Carisha, "Mommy? Why? Sino ang nasa hospital -"

"Anak, It was Gabby. Please, 'nak, bilisan mo." And then, the phone hang up.

"What happened?" Nagtatakang tanong ni Ashton sa kaniya ng nagsimula siyang isuot ang mga damit niyang nahubad kanina.

"It was Gabby, sa MC hospital main branch daw." Naiiyak na siya. 'Yung kaba niya bilang ina ay hindi maipaliwag.

Ashton immediately get up from the bed and wore his clothes.

"I know that MC hospital. It was Matthew's hospital." He said then grab his car key and drag her outside of her house.

Nanginginig ang kamay ni Carisha habang nasa byahe patungong MC hospital.

Carisha felt Ashton's left hand held her trembling hands. "Shh, everything will be fine. Okay?" Pang-aalo nito sa kaniya.

Pero hindi niyon napigilan ang kaniyang mga luha.."Si Gabby... What if something bad happens to Gabby? Hindi ko kaya, Ashton. Hindi ko kaya-"

"Shh, Gabby will be fine. She'll be fine." Muling sabi nito at mas binilisan ang andar ng kotse..

Mabilis siyang tumakbo papasok sa hospital. Ashton followed her went to the receptionist and ask for her daughter.

"Where's the room of Gabby Carish Alejandrino, miss?" Mabilis niyang tanong sa receptionist.

She tap something on the screen and seconds later, she spoke. "In ER, Ma'am. Just follow this pathway and turn right two times
" Turo nito sa kanila.

Without saying thank you, she run again to reach the ER.

"Mommy!" Pasigaw na tawag niya sa ina na nakaupo sa isa sa mga upuan roon. Her Mommy and Daddy hug her so tight. Their eyes were swolen and her mother's eyes was pouring water.

"M-Mom, ano ang nangyari? Nasaan ang anak ko? Bakit siya nandito? Mommy! Daddy!" Paghe-hesterical niya. Nagsimula na ulit siyang umiyak ng umiyak sa bisig ng kaniyang mga magulang.

Carisha's mom brush her hair, "shh. We still don't know. Natagpuan nalang namin siyang walang malay kanina. We'll hope for the better result, Carisha." Sabi sa kaniya ng kaniyang ina.

Hindi parin nababawasan ang kaba niya habang hinihintay ang doctor na lumabas.

Ashton was hugging her shoulders and kept on kissing her forehead, hair and caressing her arms. It's soothing but did do nothing to her awaken fear.

Carisha instantly stood up and went to the doctor when they stepped out from the room. "Who's the Kid's parents?"

A/N: God, this chapter run out my blood. Though, medical is my forte, pero i still have to research about this. Hope you love this update and have a little knowledge.

Mabilis siyang sumagot, “a-ako po. I'm her mother.” She said, tightly holding Ashton's hand. Squeezing rather.

The doctor took off his eyeglasses. “Mrs.Alejandrino, i am very sorry for telling this. But your daughter is suffering from Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) that the common affected is 2 to 4 years old patients.” Hindi na niya nagawa pang itama ang tawa nito sa kaniya at duon ay napaghagulgol siya ng malakas. Hindi...

Naguguluhan na si Carisha na nagtanong. “What is that, Doc?”

“We have three kinds of blood. Red Blood cells;producing oxygen for us to breathe, white blood cells; the one who fight with infections and helping platelets to coagulate blood,   and blood clotting; preventing our blood for too much hemorrhage when we got wound/s. Our body produce enough blood cells everyday wherein red blood cells is more higher than the two.

“Once a body needs more white blood cells, meaning it's not normal. Having too much white blood cells is abnormal and it cannot fight against the infections once It happened. There's still no exact reason what causes leukemia to a patient. But the symtoms that can prove that a person has a leukemia had your daughter, Mrs.Alejandrino.” Mahabang paliwanag nito.

Pilit sinisiksik ni Carisha sa utak ang mga sinabi ng doctor.

“Is there something we can do to prevent the cancer spread in her body?” It was Ashton who asked. He kept on rubbing her back..

The doctor then nod. “Chemotherapy. Induction, intensification and maintenance. We should trust the kid to fight this one. We have all the materials and stuffs we needed, except to the blood. The Kid's blood is type AB negative. It's the rarest blood and i'm sorry to say this but we will having a hard time to find a donor. ”

Carisha feels her knees weakened. She absentmindedly held the Doctor's hands, “please! Save my daughter please! If we have to pay a lot of money, we will. Iligtas niyo lang ang anak ko.” Pagmamakaawa niya sa doctor. Malapit na siyang mawalan ng balanse ngunit nakahawak sa kaniya si Ashton kaya hindi siya natutumba.

“My blood type is AB negative. I can donate blood for Gabby. Just save the kid.” Ashton said. Agad siyang napatingin sa binata na binigyan siya ng napakatipid ng ngiti.

The doctor nodded, “okay, Mr.Guerrero. Please follow me to the blood donation office.” He said, “you can now visit the kid. The nurse will assist you. And, kindly come into my office to discuss about the kid.” And before he left, he gave them a smile.

Carisha felt Ashton kiss her forehead. “I'll be right back, baby.” Then, kissed her lips before turned his body and stepped forward.

Carisha felt so weak as she felt her body drop on the hospital 's cold floor. “No! No! Mommy! Hindi ko makakayang mawala ang anak ko! Daddy! Mommy! Please! Do everything!” She was being irrational and hysterical.

Carisha can feel her every heart beating in pain.

She can't lose Gabby.

Her Daddy hug Carisha, “shh, we will. I will. Gagawin ko lahat, baby.” Her Dad assured her. She cried on her Daddy 's shoulder.

“Daddy, Daddy 'yung anak ko...”

She doesn't know how long she cried there, one thing she know, nawalan siya ng malay sa bisig ng kaniyang ama.

PRETTY IN DARK|PID