I - Not Another Apocalypse...

Number Five tumbled from the temporal anomaly that was suspended in the air, his colourful bowling shoes landing in a large puddle in the street. His body collapsed to the floor, defeated by the powerful energy surge that was accumulating above him.

"Eight? Luther! Diego!" He shouted as he pushed his exhausted body up from the ground. He squinted at the anomaly, only to find that it had completely disappeared, leaving absolutely no trace of its existence. He was stuck on his own.

"Well that's just great." He muttered to himself, brushing down his uniform. He spun around with urgency when he heard the sound of nearby machine-gun fire and bullets ricocheting aggressively. Curious, Number Five began to slowly emerge from the alley that he landed in onto the main road. What he saw made him sick to his stomach.

A military tank was ploughing down the road, wiping out anyone or anything that crossed its path. Soldiers were sprinting down the dusty paths, shooting anything that moved even slightly and shouting amongst themselves in their native Russian tongue. Cars were alight, buildings were falling apart, and the air was polluted with smoke and smog.

Number Five ducked, keeping his head down and his body protected as he investigated further. He stumbled across a battered newspaper in and amongst the litter and rubble.

"Soviets attack U.S.?" He read the headline aloud, trying to make sense of the words. "No, this can't be right."

An American soldier approached a wounded civilian in front of Number Five, his face stern and his voice serious. "Got to get you out. Keep your head down."

"Medic. MEDIC!" Another urgent voice yelled from a near distance.

"Hey kid. Get down!" One of the soldiers yelled in Number Five's direction before continuing to shoot his rifle at the Soviet fighters.

Number Five was beyond confusion by this point. "What the hell did we do now?" He groaned to himself, before a tank blew its missile and knocked Number Five's body to the ground. Wincing in pain, he looked up to see what had occurred and was perplexed to see Viktor.

Much to Number Five's surprise, Viktor was not only flying, but he was stopping the tank's missile whilst in the air

Much to Number Five's surprise, Viktor was not only flying, but he was stopping the tank's missile whilst in the air. His skin was emanating a pale glow, and his eyes were an eerie shade of white. Walking on the ground just below Viktor was a long-haired Klaus, seemingly summoning an army of spirits and directing their attention towards the Soviet soldiers.